Japanese Satsuma Pottery Vase Table Lamp
This product is no longer available.
A Japanese Satsuma pottery vase, drilled, fitted and mounted as a table lamp. The vase is of tapered ovoid form ...
more A Japanese Satsuma pottery vase, drilled, fitted and mounted as a table lamp. The vase is of tapered ovoid form with flat shoulder and waisted neck with everted mouth, decorated with figures and faces, on the Mazarin blue ground in overglaze enamels and gilding with panels of Buddhist deities and Arhats (including Kannon, the Goddess of Mercy) in a stylised landscape, divided by bands of scrolling florettes and foliage.
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Date Of Manufacture: 1900-1920s
Period: Early 20th Century
Materials: Japanese Satsuma Pottery
Measurements: 31″ Tall (top of finial) x 5 1/2″Diameter Base
Extra Notes: Satsuma ware is a type of Japanese earthenware pottery. It originated in the late 16th century, during the Azuchi-Momoyama period. The best know types of Satsuma ware has a soft, ivory colored, crackled glaze with elaborate polychrome and gold decorations. Satsuma ware was made in vast numbers exclusively for the export market or for sale to the legions of tourists who visited Japan in the early part of last century and wanted a souvenir of the "exotic" East to take home with them. Later after display at an international exhibition in Paris in 1867, it proved popular as an export to Europe. Amongst the decorative elements around the shoulder will be found a cross within a circle. This is the "Mon" or clan symbol of the Shimazu family who controlled the Satsuma region from the mid 17th Century until the Meiji revolution and is frequently found on some types of Satsuma pottery less
- 6ʺW × 6ʺD × 31ʺL
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Mary Kay's Furniture in Cockeysville, MD
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.