Japanese Satsuma Pottery Vase Table Lamp
A Japanese Satsuma pottery vase, drilled, fitted and mounted as a table lamp. The vase is of tapered ovoid form ...
more A Japanese Satsuma pottery vase, drilled, fitted and mounted as a table lamp. The vase is of tapered ovoid form with flat shoulder and waisted neck with everted mouth, decorated with figures and faces, on the Mazarin blue ground in overglaze enamels and gilding with panels of Buddhist deities and Arhats (including Kannon, the Goddess of Mercy) in a stylised landscape, divided by bands of scrolling florettes and foliage.
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Date Of Manufacture: 1900-1920s
Period: Early 20th Century
Materials: Japanese Satsuma Pottery
Measurements: 31″ Tall (top of finial) x 5 1/2″Diameter Base
Extra Notes: Satsuma ware is a type of Japanese earthenware pottery. It originated in the late 16th century, during the Azuchi-Momoyama period. The best know types of Satsuma ware has a soft, ivory colored, crackled glaze with elaborate polychrome and gold decorations. Satsuma ware was made in vast numbers exclusively for the export market or for sale to the legions of tourists who visited Japan in the early part of last century and wanted a souvenir of the "exotic" East to take home with them. Later after display at an international exhibition in Paris in 1867, it proved popular as an export to Europe. Amongst the decorative elements around the shoulder will be found a cross within a circle. This is the "Mon" or clan symbol of the Shimazu family who controlled the Satsuma region from the mid 17th Century until the Meiji revolution and is frequently found on some types of Satsuma pottery less
- 6.0ʺW × 6.0ʺD × 31.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Cockeysville, MD
Mary Kay's Furniture in Cockeysville, MD
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.