Goofus Glass Vases - Set of 4
Wonderful set of 4 original antique Goofus Glass vases. Three taller and one short vase make up this fantastic offering. ... moreWonderful set of 4 original antique Goofus Glass vases. Three taller and one short vase make up this fantastic offering. Perfect for display, the colors in most goofus glass more often than not seems to be gold with heavy red influence. This is a great set, don't miss out. Goofus glass is pressed glass which was decorated with cold, unfired paint in the early 20th century in America by several prominent glass factories. Because it was mass-produced and relatively cheap, it was given as a premium for buying things, awarded as prizes at fairs. It was the first carnival glass, preceding the iridized product we refer to as carnival glass today. Articles produced included plates, bowls, vases, oil lamps, dresser sets, salt and pepper shakers and candle holders. The most common colors used were gold, red, and green, with gold usually being the predominant color. The exact etymology of the name is unknown, but likely stems from the fact that the painted decoration wasn't very durable and people felt that it was "goofy" or that someone had tried to "goof - us". Indiana Glass Company in Dunkirk, Indiana was possibly the most prolific producer goofus glass. Dugan Diamond Company and H. Northwood were also notable producers of the glass. These companies produced pieces which consisted of lines of pressed glass known as intaglio and painted opalescent glass. These pieces are among the most highly valued items collectors seek today. The term "goofus" has come to refer more to the use of un-fired enamel decoration to a piece of pressed glass, rather than to the glass itself. Paint decorated opalescent and milk glass items are sometimes incorrectly referred to as "Goofus glass". Painted jewelry, items produced after the 1930s, and items produced outside of the United States are not considered to be "goofus glass". Goofus glass production came to an end around 1930, as the process for iridized glass was discovered and started being produced. ** Measurements provided are for the the vase on the far left. Second to left is 6.88" high with a 5.75" diameter. Second to right is 5.75" high with a 6" diameter. Far right is 7" high with a 5" diameter. less
Starting at 10% Off
Sale Ends November 30th, 2020 - Shop Now
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Blue and White Vases
- Wall Vases
- Mercury Glass Vases
- Tall Glass Vases
- Blue Crystal Vases
- Trumpet Vases
- Floor Vases
- Bud Vases
- Peacock Vases
- Greek Vases
- Glass Vases
- Lead Crystal Vases
- Flower Vases
- Gold Vases
- Red Vases
- Tall Floor Vases
- Tall Vases
- Brown Vases
- Vases in Chicago
- Large Glass Vases
- Decorative Vases
- Cylinder Vases
- Glass Cylinder Vases
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.