'Journey' Abstract Framed Painting
This product is no longer available.
Journey by Gregory Barns (American, b. 1957). Presented in a wooden frame. Titled "Journey", signed "G.B" and dated "99" ...
moreJourney by Gregory Barns (American, b. 1957). Presented in a wooden frame. Titled "Journey", signed "G.B" and dated "99" lower right. Titled "Journey", signed "Greg Barns" and dated "1999" on verso. Image size, 10"H x 13"W.
Gregory Burns’ passion for art began as a boy growing up in Paris where he created comic strips and painted bottles of Beaujolais. During his first university art class he knew he had found his calling when confronted with the nude. He slipped into the fabric of Asia in 1984, concluding a cloistered existence painting the beauty of the California Dream. Setting sail for Taiwan he studied Chinese brush painting and calligraphy with local masters for two years. With broken Mandarin and paintbrushes he began a summer backpacking trip overland through China, Tibet, Nepal, India and Pakistan, which stretched into a 16-month sojourn. While seeking out Buddhist and Hindu sacred sites, his artwork began referencing the different religious and architectural imagery of Asia. Since completing his Master in Painting at the end of the last century, the intrepid traveler continues to cast a wide net in order to pull in a diverse collection of colors and imagery from which he tries to express the power of the human spirit searching for meaning and a sense of place. Gregory has held 80 solo and group painting exhibitions in over a dozen countries since 1980 and has been the celebrated Artist-in-Residence at thirty 5-Star Resorts and venues since 1999. Gregory has published three books in English and Mandarin and has been featured on BBC, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, CNA, CCTV and in The AWSJ, Time Magazine and The China Daily. He is represented by the Tanya Baxter Gallery in London, the Tony Raka Gallery in Bali and the Yang Gallery in Singapore and Beijing. less
- 21ʺW × 1ʺD × 17ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Robert Azensky Fine Art in Soquel, CA
Located in Soquel, California, Robert Azensky has been buying and selling original California and American ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 3D Paintings
- Abstract Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Elephant Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- House Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Nude Body Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Skull Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.