- Casegoods & Storage
- Bookcases & Étagères
- Danish Modern Multi-Colored Freestanding Wall Unit
Danish Modern Multi-Colored Freestanding Wall Unit
This product is no longer available.
Very unique and rare freestanding wall unit from either the 50s or early 60s. I was not able to track ...
moreVery unique and rare freestanding wall unit from either the 50s or early 60s. I was not able to track down any info on it as it has no mark but it's a design new to me and I have never seen before and most likely Scandinavian in origin. You will have total freedom on how to set this unit up as far as what goes where and you don't have to use all the pieces if you want bigger clearance between them. There are 4 cabinets and 1 shelf with no shelves inside any of the cabinets. What truly makes this unit pop are the cool retro muted colors of the doors on the cabinets (pastel orange and olive green) and cutest double-cone black knobs you will ever see! This piece does have cosmetic wear reflecting its old age. There are the usual scratches, some chips around the edges and a few repaired veneer pieces that were peeling off and had to be glued back. A few of the screw holes on the sides of the cabinets are loose and don't accept the screws very well but the 2 biggest cabinets have a lot of screw holes on them so you will find some that will work just fine. Despite all the age-related cosmetic wear when it's all set up and standing in one piece this wall unit is supremely attractive! You may never see another one like it again.
***A few things to take note. The orange cabinet was accidentally placed up side down during the set up. The overall height as stated in this listing is 77.5" but that's the height if you set it up exactly as shown (you will have control of the final overall height) but keep in mind the supporting posts are 72.5" high. Setting up this unit will require at least 2 fairly strong individuals and a lot of patience and all the pieces should be laid flat on the ground during set up. Matching the holes of the posts to the holes of the cabinet can be a tedious thing so it will take a lot of precision and slight wiggling around to get it right. Remember that for the larger cabinets you don't have to put the screws in every single hole (4 total on each side of the 2 larger cabinets should be enough). Lastly when it's all in one piece and you're ready to stand it up it would be best to lift the entire unit up instead of putting all the pressure and weight on the 2 high legs. This unit will be shipped with all the pieces knocked down (unassembled). less
- 38.5ʺW × 15ʺD × 77.5ʺH
- Danish Modern
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Maxwell Modern in oakland, CA
Vintage, MCM and Danish specialist in Oakland, CA.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 2 Shelf Bookcases
- 3 Shelf Bookcases
- 4 Shelf Bookcases
- 5 Shelf Bookcases
- Barrister Bookcases
- Bookcases with Doors
- Bookcases with Drawers
- Bookcases with Glass Doors
- Brown Bookcases & Étagères
- Corner Bookcases
- Danish Modern Bookcases & Étagères
- Floating Bookcases
- Glass Door Bookcases
- Green Bookcases & Étagères
- Horizontal Bookcases
- Large Bookcases
- Lawyer Bookcases
- Low Bookcases
- Mid-Century Modern Bookcases & Étagères
- Modular Bookcases
- Narrow Bookcases
- Orange Bookcases & Étagères
- Pallet Bookcases
- Revolving Bookcases
- Rolling Bookcases
- Round Bookcases
- San Francisco Bookcases & Étagères
- Short Bookcases
- Small Bookcases
- Tall Bookcases
- Tall Narrow Bookcases
- Wall Mounted Bookcases
- Wide Bookcases
- Wood Bookcases & Étagères
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.