James David Furniture Attributed Chrome & Glass Coffee Table
Fun and simple vintage mid-century modern chrome and glass coffee table attributed to James David Furniture. In wonderful vintage condition ...
moreFun and simple vintage mid-century modern chrome and glass coffee table attributed to James David Furniture. In wonderful vintage condition circa 1970s.
This was my first coffee table that my husband and I purchased in Sears Department Store around 1975 and the company producing it was called James David. Well…….not this exact one. We recently found this one on a treasure hunting excursion. Ours was given to our son to use when he moved out and I’m not sure where it ended up. In researching this table I have only found two mentions of the James David furniture company. Once in an article in the Chicago Tribune dated April 13, 1979 titled Put-together Furniture, where they were touted as having “contemporary lifestyle furniture that assembles quickly and easily”;” it comes in packages and can be easily put together at home”. It seems they were the precursor to Ikea! And once in an article in The Washington Post dated November 16, 1980 titled Furnishing the ‘Elegant Eighties’ where they were described as “James David, who makes mobile furniture….” If anyone knows more about this company I would love to learn. Anyway, this is a fun and simple coffee table consisting of a tubular chrome frame of four 1.5 inch vertical legs with ½ inch stretchers attached with allen screws; and a ¼ inch glass top which inserts into four black plastic plugs that cap off the four chrome legs. It is in fabulous vintage condition and ready to use. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of this table as we did!
• Height – 15.25 Inches
• Width – 40.75 Inches
• Depth – 18.5 Inches
• Weight – 19.5 Pounds
• Height – 17.25 Inches.
• Width – 43 Inches
• Depth – 21.5 Inches
• Weight – 60.5 Pounds less
- 40.75ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 15.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Chris G. in Topeka, KS
13,000 square feet of high-style vintage furnishings, home décor, art & more! Warehouse 414 is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Coffee Tables
- Coffee Tables with Drawers
- Coffee Tables with Storage
- Display Coffee Tables
- Distressed Coffee Tables
- Drum Coffee Tables
- Farmhouse Coffee Tables
- Folding Coffee Tables
- Geometric Coffee Tables
- Glass Coffee Tables
- Large Coffee Tables
- Large Square Coffee Tables
- Lift Top Coffee Tables
- Low Coffee Tables
- Metal Coffee Tables
- Mid-Century Modern Coffee Tables
- Modern Coffee Tables
- Narrow Coffee Tables
- Oval Coffee Tables
- Pallet Coffee Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Coffee Tables
- Rectangle Coffee Tables
- Round Coffee Tables
- Round Glass Coffee Tables
- Round Marble Coffee Tables
- Silver Coffee Tables
- Slate Coffee Tables
- Small Coffee Tables
- Small Square Coffee Tables
- Square Coffee Tables
- Tree Trunk Coffee Tables
- Trunk Coffee Tables
- Upholstered Coffee Tables
- Wood Slab Coffee Tables
- Wood and Metal Coffee Tables
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.