Misa Tanaka Contemporary Sand & Clay Sake Cup
The crystalline beauty of glass and the delicate sensibilities of porcelain brought together in stunning simplicity.
approx. 3.4"D 2 ... more The crystalline beauty of glass and the delicate sensibilities of porcelain brought together in stunning simplicity.
approx. 3.4"D 2.1"H (88mm D 55mm H)
Warm white porcelain cup with blue glass Kodai
MT03 Sake Cup
This is only one sake cup, if you are interested in purchasing the set of 4, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: These are all made by hand, so each one may differ slightly from the photo and listed measurements.
This is the work of Japanese artisan Misa Tanaka from Kyoto, who has forged the best of both worlds. We are incredibly excited to showcase her works here on Japan Suite. We met with Tanaka-san on our last trip to Japan and had a very enjoyable time learning about her life, her work and her vision. Her creations beautifully illustrate this delicate balance between softness and strength.
Tanaka-san began as a glass artist, but also had a close friend who was working in ceramics whose work she admired. She began thinking about fusing the two processes together. She learned that she could use the same kiln for glass and porcelain — and then built a small kiln and prefab housing in her parent’s yard to further her work and learnings.
She begins by shaping the ceramic portion of the work by a hand-wheel, then she creates a mold for the glass part. She melds the two creations tightly together, and finishes the process by sanding and polishing.
Tanaka-san has had to move around Japan several times due to her husband’s successful career, but has kept her kiln in Kyoto and travels there regularly to create her beautiful pieces. We were impressed by Tanaka-san’s character, which exudes a subtle humility with great inner strength.
She works in multiple colors of glass, and we would be happy to arrange the color of your choice to fit what you desire. We hope you are as impressed by her unique and beautiful creations as we are. less
- 3.4ʺW × 3.4ʺD × 2.1ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
- $25 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 5 miles of 10011. 20837 does not qualify.
Japan Suite in New York, NY
Japan’s hand-made crafts have played an integral role in the lives of Japanese for ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.