Pace Collecton Lucite and Glass Coffee Table by Leon Rosen, 1970
In its time, this table was quite the avant-garde piece. A September 1939 article in Furniture Age states “A new ...
moreIn its time, this table was quite the avant-garde piece. A September 1939 article in Furniture Age states “A new line of tables made of glass with…bases of a new plastic known as “plexiglas” which is 60 percent lighter than glass and does not show scratches”. The article also says “designed by Gilbert Rohde for the Valley Upholstering Co. , New York”. Some time that summer The Herman Miller Furniture Company, who produced many of Rohde’s furniture designs acquired the rights, as a July 1939 promotional piece states “made by the Herman Miller Furniture Company”. The World War II need for brass and Lucite ensured a very limited production run of Rohde's lucite designs.
About 30 years later, Leon Rosen of the PACE Collection, was inspired by Rohde's early use of lucite. The slight pillars that Rohde used were now huge lucite monoliths, glamorous and glittering. art moderne was now modern and luxurious. Don't miss this gorgeous piece.
The legs alone (with no glass top) are selling for 2200 dollars on 1st dibs right now. Don't miss this amazing deal.
Condition: Good vintage condition. Chip on one edge of glass top. Lucite legs in good condition for age. Could use a nice polish. Fewchips at edges of legs.
Dimensions - 13.5" x 48" x 36" less
- 48ʺW × 36ʺD × 13.5ʺH
- Herman Miller
- Gilbert Rohde
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Otto Binx in Brooklyn, NY
After years as an academic, I realized that my work as an art and architectural ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 15Ask the Seller / View All
- Adjustable Coffee Tables
- Art Deco Coffee Tables
- Coffee Tables with Drawers
- Coffee Tables with Storage
- Display Coffee Tables
- Distressed Coffee Tables
- Drum Coffee Tables
- Farmhouse Coffee Tables
- Folding Coffee Tables
- Geometric Coffee Tables
- Glass Coffee Tables
- Herman Miller Coffee Tables
- Large Coffee Tables
- Large Square Coffee Tables
- Lift Top Coffee Tables
- Low Coffee Tables
- Lucite Coffee Tables
- Mid-Century Modern Coffee Tables
- Narrow Coffee Tables
- New York Coffee Tables
- Oval Coffee Tables
- Pallet Coffee Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Coffee Tables
- Rectangle Coffee Tables
- Round Coffee Tables
- Round Glass Coffee Tables
- Round Marble Coffee Tables
- Slate Coffee Tables
- Small Coffee Tables
- Small Square Coffee Tables
- Square Coffee Tables
- Transparent Coffee Tables
- Tree Trunk Coffee Tables
- Trunk Coffee Tables
- Upholstered Coffee Tables
- Wood Slab Coffee Tables
- Wood and Metal Coffee Tables
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.