1933 Wood Sewing Cabinet
I received this very charming sewing cabinet from the original owner, an older gentleman and his wife. It had been ...
moreI received this very charming sewing cabinet from the original owner, an older gentleman and his wife. It had been in his family since 1933 and passed down to him. They did not have the space to take it along with them when they moved out of the Prescott area.
It was handcrafted of solid wood in 1933 by a professional model boat builder as documented on the label created by the man who's mother it was made for along with a short history of his family who received this as a gift. Portable standing sewing storage chest that opens with two hinged lids, handy removable floating wood shelf holds small items that includes a functional metal dowel system keeping spools of thread organized.
Condition is just as it was when I acquired it. Which I would consider to be in excellent vintage condition.
Restoration if any, was performed by the family who it was originally made for
The documentation on the label was created by the gentlemen who gave it to me and states:
Sewing cabinet made in 1933 by Roy Cass a professional model boat builder for Lucille Root, born in 1901 corner Hollywood and Vine in a rented farmhouse with dirt roads to the parent's of Forest and Adeline Hurst. Documentation was made by Lucille's Son. .
15.25"W X 14.25"D X 24"H less
- 15.25ʺW × 14.25ʺD × 24ʺH
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Alexa D. in Prescott Valley, AZ
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Almond Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Antique White Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Blue Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Cottage Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Country Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Ecru Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Eggshell Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Green Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Orange Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Phoenix Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Pink Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Rustic Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Shabby Chic Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Tan Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- White Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Wood Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Yellow Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.