C. 1860s Duncan Phyfe Style Mahogany Empire Sofa
For sale is an amazing Duncan Phyfe style Mahogany Empire Sofa with an interesting bit of history.
This piece dates ... more For sale is an amazing Duncan Phyfe style Mahogany Empire Sofa with an interesting bit of history.
This piece dates back to my Great-Grandmother's home near Boston in the 1860s, so the piece itself is at least 150+ years old (the upholstery is NOT original). The maker of the sofa is unknown, this is NOT an original Duncan Phyfe, but a piece done in a similar style.
This was transported to France and used in Chateau le Mail in the Armagnac region of southwestern France, before being brought back to the United States. (Google Search: Architectural Digest - An american designer rescues a ruin in southwest france)
At some point this sofa was re-covered in the Yellow & Green Watered Silk it has now. There are some slight dings in the wood as you would expect with a piece this old that has been moved a few times. Also on one side there is what appears to be a tiny repair stitching to the silk done in contrasting orange thread, (see picture). Other than that, the piece is in absolutely amazing condition for its age.
The two cylindrical Brown Velvet Pillows pictured (date/make unknown) ARE included.
This piece is in excellent condition and currently located in New Canaan, CT.
NOTE: All Pictures are of the actual item for sale.
SHIPPING: Buyer can arrange for Local Pick-Up in New Canaan, CT or choose Chairish White-Glove Shipping Service. We cannot assist you with other shipping arrangements. less
- 87ʺW × 26ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $399
- Free Local Pickup in New Canaan, CT
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Isabelle H. Color Spaces in New Canaan, CT
Creating interior atmospheric "Color Spaces" through custom painted Wall Design, hand painted Fabrics, and movable ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Brown Standard Sofas
- Chesterfield Couches & Sofas
- Circular Couches & Sofas
- Convertible Couches & Sofas
- Curved Couches & Sofas
- French Country Standard Sofas
- French Provincial Standard Sofas
- Green Standard Sofas
- Leather Couches & Sofas
- Long Couches & Sofas
- Mahogany Standard Sofas
- Microfiber Couches & Sofas
- Modular Couches & Sofas
- New York Standard Sofas
- Patio Couches & Sofas
- Pull-Out Couches & Sofas
- Shabby Chic Standard Sofas
- Small Couches & Sofas
- Traditional Standard Sofas
- Tufted Couches & Sofas
- Velvet Couches & Sofas
- Wood Standard Sofas
- Yellow Standard Sofas
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.