- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1950s Vintage French Travel Poster, Albi Cathedral
1950s Vintage French Travel Poster, Albi Cathedral
About the Photographer: Dieuzaide was a twentieth-century photojournalist, who began dappling in photography just before the the start of the ...
more About the Photographer: Dieuzaide was a twentieth-century photojournalist, who began dappling in photography just before the the start of the Second World War. He became a household name after taking General de Gaulle's photograph and later Salvador Dali's, but the majority of his portfolio is made up of portraits of the anonymous working class. His works have appeared in international newspapers and magazines, numerous books, and group and solo exhibitions. He has also worked under the pseudonym 'Yan'.
About the Poster:
On the Sainte Cecile Cathedrale featured in the poster, it is said that "The construction of Albi’s cathedral began in the 13th century and took two hundred years to complete. It is the biggest brick cathedral in the world: 113 metres long and 35 metres wide. Visitors are often surprised by its monumental size and frequently compare it to a castle. A masterpiece of the Southern Gothic style, the Saint-Cécile Cathedral is a testament to the power of the Roman Catholic church following the successful suppression of the Cathar heretics. With its extraordinary interior covered in frescoes and decoratively painted chapels, the cathedral houses some exceptional examples of religious art." (source: http://www.albi-tourisme.fr/)
This poster was produced in the 1950's by the "Ministere des Travaux Publics, des Transports et du Tourism" or Minister of Public Works, Transport and Tourism. Featuring Cannes' Riviera Cote d'Azur, this poster puts in evidence France's rich history and sites of interest. It's no wonder that millions of tourists flock to this country every year! The poster is in excellent condition and ready to frame. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Stowe, VT
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.