Sandro Chia Mosquito Hunter Signed Limited Edition Lithograph
Mosquito Hunter is an edition of only 75 hand-pulled lithographs hand-signed by Sandro Chia. Chia's art is in many of ...
Mosquito Hunter is an edition of only 75 hand-pulled lithographs hand-signed by Sandro Chia. Chia's art is in many of the most important museums and prestigious galleries...he received great acclaim in the neo-expressionist exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of New York (1984).
Chia is an Italian painter, sculptor and prominent figure in the Italian neo-Expressionist movement Transavanguardia along with fellow countrymen Francesco Clemente, Mimmo Paladino, Nicola De Maria, and Enzo Cucchi.
Artist: Sandro Chia
Title: Mosquito Hunter
Year: circa 1989
Medium: Lithograph, Signed and Numbered
Size: 77.5 x 66 cm. (30.5 x 26 in.)
(Mosquito Hunter includes a substantial and ornate frame, brushed gold and black enamel, with rag mats and brushed gold fillet at no additional charge. Art can be shipped unframed.)
Chia is part of the Italian “Transavanguardia” movement (Transavantgarde or Transavanguardia is the Italian version of Neo-expressionism), exhibiting in many of the most important museums and galleries of the world. He has exhibited at the Biennale of Paris and San Paolo and three times at the Venice Biennale. His work has been part of internationally acclaimed museum group shows.
Amongst his most important personal shows are exhibitions at the Stedelijk Museum of Amsterdam (1983), the Metropolitan Museum of New York (1984), the National Galerie of Berlin (1984, 1992), the Museum of Modern Art of Paris (1984); the Museums of Dusseldorf (1984), Antwerp (1989), Mexico City (1989); Palazzo Medici Riccardi in Florence (1991); the Museums of Karlsruhe (1992), Palm Springs (1993), Villa Medici in Rome (1995); Palazzo Reale in Milan (1997), the Boca Raton Museum of Art, Florida (1997), the Galleria Civica of Siena (1997), the Galleria Civica in Trento (2000), the Museo d’Arte of Ravenna (2000); Palazzo Pitti and the Museo Archeologico Nazionale of Florence (2002); and most recently the Duomo of St. Agostino in Pietrasanta (2005) and Galleria Nazionale di Arte Moderna of Rome (GNAM) (2010).
In 2011 a retrospective was held at Foro Boario, Galleria Civica in Modena and at the MIC (Museo della Ceramica di Faenza). In 2012 a retrospective of 'Transavanguardia' was held at 'Palazzo Reale' in Milan and his solo exhibition at Galleria Biasutti in Turin. less
- 32.0ʺW × 3.0ʺD × 36.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $75
- Free Local Pickup in Seattle, WA
ROSS & CO. in Seattle, WA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.