- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- Sculptural Wall Objects
- 18th Century Antique French Louis XVI Period Gi...
18th Century Antique French Louis XVI Period Giltwood Carved Barometer
This product is no longer available.
This lovely barometer is housed in a most active carved and gilded pine frame, the ovular body with simple molding ...
moreThis lovely barometer is housed in a most active carved and gilded pine frame, the ovular body with simple molding from which sprout a large selection of harvest tools: two spades, a scythe, a rake and the bounty of the field sampled in a basket. Flanking the body are large garlands of laurel leaves tied in bunches under a furling ribbon. The barometer hands indicate to a printed paper dial surrounded by a teal paper border. The elements necessary for the barometer to function, including the mercury tube, have since been lost from the reverse. It is a wonderful display and makes a gorgeous presentation.
Missing mercury tube and elements, non-functional. Back with two added blocks to tighten upper corners, painting frame tabs added to safely secure back. Chip losses in upper right and lower left corners of the ovular frame; upper right corner with a slight gap. Loss to end of garland on right. Originality of paper dial unknown, this with some discoloration and foxing. Surface losses and some areas of regilding. Please scroll down to view all detailed images of this piece. less
- 22.5ʺW × 2ʺD × 33.75ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.