Mid-Century Modern Arm Chair
This product is no longer available.
Unusual mid-century arm chair in blond maple with interestingly curved back – demonstrating influence of deco period design. This handsome chair ... more Unusual mid-century arm chair in blond maple with interestingly curved back – demonstrating influence of deco period design. This handsome chair would have fit as perfectly in a 1930s luxury liner as in a 1960s residence. The elegant back – undulating, as seen from above – is almost Hollywood Regency in scale and shape. The chair came from an elegant estate in the Washington, D.C. area where the home was furnished with an sophisticated mix of Danish Modern and Art Deco furniture. This chair would seem to be the perfect marriage for their design aesthetic. The chair is put together well; it is tight, firm, and solid in construction. It measures 32 inches high from the floor to the high point of the back. The seat is 18 inches high. The width is 23 1/2 inches from arm to arm (exterior measurement), and it is 23 inches from front to back. The seat has been re-upholstered in a period-appropriate fabric, ivory with flecks of taupe and gray. The blond finish on the wood is original, showing a few minor blemishes commensurate with the age of the chair. None of the defects showed up clearly on photographs; consequently, we have no pictures showing defects. We have listed the condition as 'excellent', as it is for its age and use. That is not meant to convey, neither implicitly nor explicitly, 'unused' or 'like new' condition. It is a spectacular chair. We have seen no design similar to this, not in the United States nor in Scandinavia. Whether your penchant is Mid-century Modern, Art Deco, Hollywood Regency, or Transitional, this chair would make a beautiful addition to your home. less
- 23.5ʺW × 23.0ʺD × 32.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Danville, VA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Møbelhuset i Virginia in Danville, VA
Scouring the countryside across D.C., Virginia, and the Carolinas with a Scandinavian eye and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Art Deco Side Chairs
- Contemporary Scandinavian Side Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- Modern Side Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Scandinavian Side Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Swedish Modern Side Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.