Mid-Century Modern Arm Chair
This product is no longer available.
Unusual mid-century arm chair in blond maple with interestingly curved back – demonstrating influence of deco period design. This handsome chair ... more Unusual mid-century arm chair in blond maple with interestingly curved back – demonstrating influence of deco period design. This handsome chair would have fit as perfectly in a 1930s luxury liner as in a 1960s residence. The elegant back – undulating, as seen from above – is almost Hollywood Regency in scale and shape. The chair came from an elegant estate in the Washington, D.C. area where the home was furnished with an sophisticated mix of Danish Modern and Art Deco furniture. This chair would seem to be the perfect marriage for their design aesthetic. The chair is put together well; it is tight, firm, and solid in construction. It measures 32 inches high from the floor to the high point of the back. The seat is 18 inches high. The width is 23 1/2 inches from arm to arm (exterior measurement), and it is 23 inches from front to back. The seat has been re-upholstered in a period-appropriate fabric, ivory with flecks of taupe and gray. The blond finish on the wood is original, showing a few minor blemishes commensurate with the age of the chair. None of the defects showed up clearly on photographs; consequently, we have no pictures showing defects. We have listed the condition as 'excellent', as it is for its age and use. That is not meant to convey, neither implicitly nor explicitly, 'unused' or 'like new' condition. It is a spectacular chair. We have seen no design similar to this, not in the United States nor in Scandinavia. Whether your penchant is Mid-century Modern, Art Deco, Hollywood Regency, or Transitional, this chair would make a beautiful addition to your home. less
- 23.5ʺW × 23.0ʺD × 32.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Danville, VA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Møbelhuset i Virginia in Danville, VA
Scouring the countryside across D.C., Virginia, and the Carolinas with a Scandinavian eye and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Art Deco Side Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Contemporary Scandinavian Side Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Modern Side Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Scandinavian Side Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swedish Modern Side Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.