Blue & White Trellis Canvas Rug - 3' X 4'
This is our signature Trellis Floorcloth that features a bright blue quatrefoil pattern painted over top of a creamy white ...
more This is our signature Trellis Floorcloth that features a bright blue quatrefoil pattern painted over top of a creamy white base. We first discovered floorcloths visiting the historical captains' houses on Nantucket Island. These floorcloths were inspired by the use of recycled ships' sails from pilgrimages across the ocean during colonial America. The sail cloths were then used to cover the dirt or wooden floors in early American homes. Because they were often painted or stenciled using bright colors and patterns, they were also used as artwork within the home.
How we make them:
*We start using durable museum quality, theater-grade 14oz duck cotton canvas.
*We create 3" hems that will prevent edges from fraying with continued use.
*We hand paint our designs using high quality acrylic paints.
*We seal each floorcloth with 10 coats of poly-acrylic to increase the lifetime of your floorcloth and protect the design.
*We finish with paste wax for easy care and clean up.
Why we love them:
*Floorcloths are super durable, and they look better as they age.
*Floorcloths are easy to clean, so they're pet- and kid-friendly. Just use paste wax or any household glass cleaner to wipe clean.
*Floorcloths are a great alternative to carpet if you have allergies.
*Floorcloths are very versatile--use in a hallway, entryway, kitchen, playroom, mud room or covered porch.
*Floorcloths are simple and elegant, and easily transform your floor into a work of art. less
- 3′ × 4′ and 0.125″ thick
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Paoli, PA
Story in Paoli, PA
What happens when two artistic and color-obsessed friends combine creative talents? Follow our Story!
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.