1989 Egon Schiele American Exhibition Poster
This product is no longer available
A poster by the Allen Memorial Art Museum in Oberlin, Ohio, showing a work by Egon Schiele, "Girl in Black" ...
A poster by the Allen Memorial Art Museum in Oberlin, Ohio, showing a work by Egon Schiele, "Girl in Black" dating from 1911. Egon Schiele's art has shaped the canon of art history. A tormented soul, his work was and remains provocative and often shocking. Defiling the classical nude through expressive and unconventional renderings of models, he also defied academic conventions despite his obvious talent in rendering classical pictures. A pioneer of the Expressionist movement, Schiele had a short-lived career filled with tremendous turbulence and accomplishment. Schiele reached the peak of his career just before WWI, participating in notable group exhibitions and having his first solo show in Paris in 1914. Four years later in 1918 he succumbed to the Spanish Flu, three days after his pregant wife was taken by the same disease. He was 28 years old.
This poster is unlined and in good condition. less
- 15.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 20.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Stowe, VT
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.