Orange & White Canvas Rug - 2'6" x 5'2"
This is our signature Roundabout Town Floorcloth that features a bright orange octagon pattern painted over top of a creamy ...
This is our signature Roundabout Town Floorcloth that features a bright orange octagon pattern painted over top of a creamy white base. We first discovered floorcloths visiting the historical captains' houses on Nantucket Island. These floorcloths were inspired by the use of recycled ships' sails from pilgrimages across the ocean during colonial America. The sail cloths were then used to cover the dirt or wooden floors in early American homes. Because they were often painted or stenciled using bright colors and patterns, they were also used as artwork within the home.
How we make them:
*We start using durable museum quality, theater-grade 14oz duck cotton canvas.
*We create 3" hems that will prevent edges from fraying with continued use.
*We hand paint our designs using high quality acrylic paints.
*We seal each floorcloth with 10 coats of poly-acrylic to increase the lifetime of your floorcloth and protect the design.
*We finish with paste wax for easy care and clean up.
Why we love them:
*Floorcloths are super durable, and they look better as they age.
*Floorcloths are easy to clean, so they're pet- and kid-friendly. Just use paste wax or any household glass cleaner to wipe clean.
*Floorcloths are a great alternative to carpet if you have allergies.
*Floorcloths are very versatile--use in a hallway, entryway, kitchen, playroom, mud room or covered porch.
*Floorcloths are simple and elegant, and easily transform your floor into a work of art. less
- 2′6″ × 5′2″ and 0.125″ thick
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Early American
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Chester Springs, PA
Story in Chester Springs, PA
What happens when two artistic and color-obsessed friends combine creative talents? Follow our Story!
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.