Reproduction Shaker Arm Chair
This product is no longer available.
Let's go back to 1772 .... The Shakers built more than 20 settlements that attracted at least 20,000 converts over ...
more Let's go back to 1772 .... The Shakers built more than 20 settlements that attracted at least 20,000 converts over the next century. One early convert observed: “The wisdom of their instructions, the purity of their doctrine, their Christ-like deportment, and the simplicity of their manners, all appeared truly apostolical.” The Shakers represent a small but important Utopian response to the gospel. Preaching in their communities knew no boundaries of gender, social class, or education.
A man in Ct loved the beauty and simplicity of the shaker furniture and started making them to the exact specs that they originally made them back in the 1700's and they are perfect. This one is one of his pieces created in 1993 HANDSIGNED and dated by the artist G A CARLSOM that created this gorgeous piece and is made from Birds eye maple wood with fabric for the webbing. His finish is smooth as silk and it a collector piece. This one should be passed down from generation to generation. Walk into a room that has this chair and people will stop and stare since I see it as a work of art. Art most of the time if created correctly, is more powerful than a complex work and the Shakers believed that something simple and strong is a beautiful work of art, this one is and has lasted the test of time. less
- 19.0ʺW × 20.5ʺD × 41.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Dayville, CT
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 60 miles of 06241.
Harvey E. in Dayville, CT
HONEST, PLAIN AND SIMPLE ......
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.