- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- François-Joseph Duret “Improvisateur” Bronze Sc...
François-Joseph Duret “Improvisateur” Bronze Sculpture
This product is no longer available.
A delightful work by François-Joseph Duret titled "the Wine Harvester's Comic Improvisation” and sometimes simply titled “Improvisateur” on later models ...
more A delightful work by François-Joseph Duret titled "the Wine Harvester's Comic Improvisation” and sometimes simply titled “Improvisateur” on later models, this work was executed by the primary foundry working with Duret throughout his career. The back proper left corner retains the stamp A.D. for the foundry of Auguste Delafontaine, specifically being the most important indicator for this sculpture of having been cast during Duret’s lifetime, or at least very shortly thereafter and with original molds. This model was exhibited at Salon in 1839 and a reduction of it was acquired by the Louvre in 1858 for their permanent collection, that model also executed by the Delafontaine foundry. The sculpture depicts a singing bacchant standing beside a barrel overflowing with grapes from a bountiful harvest, his jovial expression full of life while entertaining onlookers. It is notable for it’s precise casting, exquisite detailing and very good acid patina, the whole being silky and glowing beautifully. This exquisite piece is fun and interesting - the earnestness of the performer makes a statement, his whole body moving in anticipation of the song and in concert with his audience. It is a most striking sculpture and is of self-evident excellence.
The Founders and Editors of the Barye Bronzes, J.G. Reinis, p. 85-89 (discussion of Auguste Delafontaine’s foundry marks and the history of his foundry).
Measurements: 17 1/4” H x 7 1/2” W x 7” D, base 5 5/8” in depth and width
Very minor patina wear. Some grime in crevices of grapes, etc. Light verdigris around edges of square base. Overall exceptional condition. Please scroll down to view all detailed images of this piece. less
- 7.5ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 17.25ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $49
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.