- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1958 French Loterie Nationale Poster Grand Prix...
1958 French Loterie Nationale Poster Grand Prix Jockey and Carousel by Piem
This product is no longer available.
France's Loterie Nationale (National Lottery) was established May 31, 1933. By November that same year, the first drawing of numbers ...
more France's Loterie Nationale (National Lottery) was established May 31, 1933. By November that same year, the first drawing of numbers for a prize took place. Since then, weekly draws were supported by extensive advertising campaigns, with a poster appearing for each draw. Many well-known artists were commissioned to design those ads, including René Vincent, Jean Effel, Pol Ferjac, and Derouet et Lesacq.
This particular poster, created for the draw taking place on Saturday June 28 1958, was designed by Piem. His work was used by the Loterie Nationale numerous times throughout the early 1960s, but this poster is particularly interesting because of its reference to horse racing. As of 1952, the French lottery faced tough competition from the PMU (horse races), something the artist is blatantly referring to here while advertizing that the biggest prize in Paris (Grand-Prix de Paris) can be won through playing the lottery - not by betting on childish jockeys (the one seen here is mistaking a merry-go-round for a real horse - amateur!).
Vintage lithographic poster has been recently linen-backed and with its strong periwinkle blue and warm yellow, would look amazing when framed! less
- 15.25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 23.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.