"My Life" Illustrated Book by Marc Chagall
This 1960 autobiography of the great artist, Marc Chagall, is the First American Edition from The Orion Press. it was ...
more This 1960 autobiography of the great artist, Marc Chagall, is the First American Edition from The Orion Press. it was originally written in Russia, during Chagall's stay in Moscow in 1921-22. Encountering some delays, his autobiography was finally published in 1932, in France, as "Ma Vie" by Librairie Stock. This volume is a stated third printing.
This book tells the story of Chagall's early village life in Russia, at the turn of the century, with 20 black-and-white illustrations he specifically designed for his autobiography. The book also describes Chagall's feelings about Paris, right before he left Russia in 1922. - "If I were not to be lost among the thirty thousand artists who had come to Paris from every land and every nation, I must, first of all, be assured of the means to live there and to work..."
From the blurb: "Chagall, the author, has the same poetic richness and happy fantasy, with which Chagall the artist entrances us." Although this book was finished in 1922, it offers us a rich view of the young Chagall's family life and the Russian heritage that inspired his fantastic art.
The book is in very good, unmarked condition, with some wear to the unclipped dust jacket (along the edges). Inside, the text is clean and bright. The former owner wrote the directions under the jacket leaf, otherwise unmarked. The early Chagall illustrations are charming. less
- 6.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 8.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
The Sophisticated Reader in Los Angeles, CA
Vintage literature, art & design books, fashion magazines, decorative accessories & One-of-a-Kinds for the Sophisticated Reader.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.