1930s Art Deco Print - Sleeping Beauty
Paul Iribe's prints for the wine importer Nicolas, done at the height of the Art Deco period, are some of ...
Paul Iribe's prints for the wine importer Nicolas, done at the height of the Art Deco period, are some of the finest, purest and most perfect Art Deco prints ever produced.
With just two colors - black and white - Iribe managed to be fashionable, ironic, and cheeky - showing women at their most indulgent, men at their least secure, and Nicolas (a mascot with bug eyes who always seems to be in the right place at the right time) at his goofiest. Issued in a small run of 500 in the early 1930s, they are becoming increasing rare and hard to find.
About the Artist: Born Paul Iribarnegaray in Angouleme, France in 1883, Iribe received his education in Paris. From 1908 to 1910 he studied at the École des Beaux-Arts and the College Rollin, where his friends included the then-unknown illustrators George Barbier, Georges Lepape, George Martin, and Pierre Brissaud. In his early twenties he became an apprentice printer at Le Temps newspaper, and from 1900, he submitted dozens of illustrations and caricatures to such French satirical papers as Rire, Sourire, and L'Assiette au beurre.
Print size is 9.5 x 12.5 inches. less
- 9.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 12.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Art Deco
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Stowe, VT
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.