Mark Lindquist Turned Spalted Maple Bowl
A beautiful spalted maple bowl with rich grain and good movement from the renowned American woodturner Mark Lindquist. Lindquist is ...
more A beautiful spalted maple bowl with rich grain and good movement from the renowned American woodturner Mark Lindquist. Lindquist is known for exploring spalted wood, or wood that has partially decomposed. This example is signed and dated 1978 to the bottom. The bowl measures just under 9 inches diameter, 4.5 inches tall. It is in good condition with a bright finish and clear surface. One small 1/8" peck to the rim along a natural crack in the bowl.
His work is included among private and museum collections such as the Art Institute of Chicago, the Mint Museum of Craft and Design in Charlotte, the White House Collection of American Craft, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the High Museum in Atlanta, the National Museum of American Art of the Smithsonian, the Detroit Institute of Arts, Bank of America headquarters in Charlotte.
"As a young man, Mark Lindquist produced majestic wood-turned vessels of classical shape, and earned a reputation as one of the nation's most highly regarded master craftsmen of wood-turned objects. The disciplined, elegant formality of [Lindquist's sculptures] combines traditional associations and a contemporary sensibility. His sculptures seem to share a kinship...with the modernist works of Brancusi and Noguchi. Lindquist remains one of the most knowledgeable of artists about wood." — Josephine Gear, Director of the Whitney Museum of American Art. less
- 9.0ʺW × 9.0ʺD × 4.5ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
Greg Smith in Ridgefield, CT
Bold forms, original style and high presence are the cornerstones of this collection. With pieces ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.