1920s Handmade Persian Gashkai Rug - 3.8' X 5.2'
Hand made antique Persian Gashkai rug in original condition. The rug has been made in very bright shades of red ...
more Hand made antique Persian Gashkai rug in original condition. The rug has been made in very bright shades of red, turquoise, yellow and indigo blue. The rug has two diamond shaped medallions in the center busy decorated in tribal design same as the red field they are on. Very beautiful geometric border with colourful stars surrounding the rug. It is in original good condition with full pile.
The Ghashghai nomads are found in theFars province in the southwest of Iran and they live in the provinces of Fars, Khuzestan and Southern Isfahan but mostly in the surroundings of Shiraz. They move twice a year, between the winter pasture near the Persian Gulf and the summer pasture up in the Zagros mountains where it is much cooler. During the move it is possible to see the men with their typical round hats, running together with their dogs, large flock of sheep and herds of goats, along the roads swirling with clouds of dust. The women in their colourful clothes move along with the help of donkeys and horses towards new camp grounds. The tents that they live in are often made from goat hair.
-condition: original, good,
-size: 3.8' x 5.2' ( 116cm x 160cm ),
-country of origin: Iran,
-background colors: red, indigo blue, turquoise, yellow. less
- 3′9″ × 5′2″ and 0.25″ thick
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
One Royal Art in New York, NY
We offer the most exquisite and unique rugs from around the world. Our rugs originate ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.