1980 Ralph Goings "American Diner" Lithograph
This product is no longer available
A framed lithograph of "American Diner" by Ralph Goings. The paper size is 10" x 10" inches, while framed it ...
A framed lithograph of "American Diner" by Ralph Goings. The paper size is 10" x 10" inches, while framed it measures 15.75" x 14.75". It is signed, dated and inscribed "A/P" on the front.
Ralph Goings is an American Realist painter known for his meticulous paintings of everyday America – the humble diners, banks and hamburger stands that characterize the American landscape. This simple watercolor of a diner tabletop is a remarkable illustration of Goings' technical virtuosity.
Working directly from photographs projected onto a canvas, Goings' work is purposely devoid of the artist’s hand. He works over the scene until brushstrokes are seamless and the painting bears a remarkable likeness to the original photograph. As he explains, “to copy a photograph literally was considered a bad thing to do. It went against all of my art school training... some people were upset by what I was doing and said 'it's not art, it can't possibly be art'. That gave me encouragement in a perverse way, because I was delighted to be doing something that was really upsetting people. I was having a hell of a lot of fun." less
- 14.75ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 15.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in San Francisco, CA
Plein Heir by Shannon Kaye in San Francisco, CA
Plein Heir is a line of locally made textiles based on my original paintings that ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.