Vintage Beaver Melodeon Accordion
This product is no longer available.
This vintage melodeon (a sub-type of accordion) is a Beaver Brand instrument, likely circa 1950. It features decorative paintwork, push ...
more This vintage melodeon (a sub-type of accordion) is a Beaver Brand instrument, likely circa 1950. It features decorative paintwork, push buttons set up in two sets of diatonic dual rows, the original leather straps intact (no shoulder straps), beautiful bellows papers, and gorgeous decorative wood and metal scrollwork grills.
PLEASE NOTE! Although the images show one missing button, I have since reattached it! All buttons attached and working!
While in fairly good 'functioning' order, it would need a professional tune-up to be in proper playing order again. Each button does play two notes when pushed, but the notes are unusually quiet and there is a fair amount of wheezing and 'warbling'. The entire piece is original, with its decorative paint fairly worn in some places and pristine in others. All of the original metal end pieces are free of rust, even the original fabric under the grills is intact (with a few spots of holes and tears). The metal grill is slightly bowed in, as shown in pictures.
Overall, this is a gorgeous decorative piece of musical history, and would look fantastic on a shelf or on display in a living room or shop, as a costume piece, theatrical prop, or possibly repaired for proper playing! Currently being offered for display.
Measures 9" x 11" x 6" when closed, plus an additional 2" out for the right hand buttons. Bellows in fair shape, free of tears and rips but overall worn (see images). less
- 9.0ʺW × 11.0ʺD × 6.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $20
- Free Local Pickup in Somerville, MA
Erika - La Roux Vintage in Somerville, MA
Do you know that feeling when you're wandering through a thrift store and you ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.