1870's Antique Persian Kurdish Rug - 3'11" X 6'3"
This Kurdish rug from the 1870s has much meaning, but first let’s just point out that this antique rug ...
more This Kurdish rug from the 1870s has much meaning, but first let’s just point out that this antique rug has amazing wool that is so thick and luxurious! You really feel it and see the quality of it.
The pattern of this rug is all over with some really special elements to it. You will of course immediately notice the paisleys and boteh all over the rug, which many interpret as elements of life and fertility, possibly symbolizing mothers who are expecting. At a closer look (we almost missed this), there is a single element of a girl or woman that is woven in. This may represent the girl or woman who wove this rug, and undoubtedly with the wool or her own family’s sheep. We also noticed a couple animals, as we interpret as chickens on the rug.
The colors are rich with red and deep indigo blue, tan, beige, pink tones, yellow, royal blue and brown. The condition is good on this rug, with some wear and the top fringes are flat weave, with some that are loose.
This is such an amazing and telling tribal rug!
Size: 3’11” x 6’3”
Hand knotted with vegetable dye less
- 3′11″ × 6′3″ and 0.2″ thick
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Los Angeles, CA
Sheba K. in Los Angeles, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.