Antique Russian Kazak Runner - 3'4" X 7'
This product is no longer available.
Woven in the region of Caucasus, this 1890s or early 1900s vegetable dyed wool Kazak embodies the geometric and bold ...
more Woven in the region of Caucasus, this 1890s or early 1900s vegetable dyed wool Kazak embodies the geometric and bold design and color that are traditional features of these rugs. These rugs are very powerful in design and durability. Some of the earliest Kazaks woven date back as far as 1700 BC and are the most widely collected and prized of the Caucasian rugs. They were not just used for the floors by the nomads who weaved them, but many were placed on walls because owning a Kazak was a status symbol.
Hand knotted with high quality wool, this soft and floppy runner features an all over pattern and is nicely timeworn. This is a stout Kazak, ready for another century of use, and is in good condition, with a small professionally repaired tear (sewn a few inches due to an old tear). Colors include indigo blue, madder red, ivory, yellow, beige, and brown. The outermost border is what we believe to be "fence of security", although different than what we've seen before in pattern. This element is symbolic of what these nomads who wove this rug wanted to protect in their lives and what was most important to them.
Size: 3'4" x 7
Hand knotted in the 1890s or early 1900s with vegetable dyed wool.
Nicely timeworn, with a few inches of minor sewn repair near the top of the runner (see pic). less
- 3′5″ × 7′ and 0.2″ thick
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $40
- Free Local Pickup in Los Angeles, CA
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 10 miles of 90024.
Sheba K. in Los Angeles, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.