Mid-Century Brutalist Wood Sculpture
Stunningly expressive two-sided Brutalist sculpture of found wood and iron hardware.
The wood, from a large split trunk or thick ... more Stunningly expressive two-sided Brutalist sculpture of found wood and iron hardware.
The wood, from a large split trunk or thick bough, has been cut so as to look like a square above a base. The negative space was probably indicated to the artist by organic erosion. The wood was scraped or brushed to enhance the natural, rough texture and then sealed.
The curved side has a cluster or forged iron nails driven into a natural depression--like a sun of spikes in a brown sky.
The flat side is studded with about one hundred 3/4" iron pegs or rivets, more or less evenly, over the whole wavy surface.
This abstract wood sculpture is unsigned. All that is known about the artist is she lived in Pennsylvania and created this in the 1970s. Her name is unknown. This Brutalist sculpture has a unique rough-hewn beauty and is expressive of the energy and resilience of nature.
Overall: 15" x 7.5 x 22.5 (38 x 19 x 55.5 cm)
Base: 15" W, 4-3/4" D, 5-1/2" H (5" left side, 3-1/2" right side)
Upper: 14" W, 7" D (includes nails) 13-3/4" H less
- 15.0ʺW × 7.5ʺD × 22.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $299
- Free Local Pickup in Sarasota, FL
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Fine Home Consignments in Sarasota, FL
Your best consignment store furniture and home decor. FINE HOME CONSIGNMENTS has an exceptional selection ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.