'Asmat' War Shield
Very unusual from Papua New Guinea (Papua, Asia/South Pacific), this impressive professionally mounted piece was made mid to late ...
more Very unusual from Papua New Guinea (Papua, Asia/South Pacific), this impressive professionally mounted piece was made mid to late 20th.C by the Asmat people who inhabited the lowlands and coastal areas of that region.
The shield is hand carved wood on the front, decorated in clay, lime, and charcoal based pigmentation - mounted on the custom wood board by means of the handle. Original tag still in place. Presented by East2West Furniture.
Actual shield size H36"xW18"xD5" less
- 24.0ʺW × 5.5ʺD × 41.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $299
- Free Local Pickup in St Petersburg, FL
- $40 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 10 miles of 33704. 20837 does not qualify.
East2West Furniture in St Petersburg, FL
We specialise in items from the Far East or the West. From larger pieces of ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local Delivery
- Returns & Cancellations