- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Mirrors
- French Louis XV Style Carved Giltwood Antique M...
French Louis XV Style Carved Giltwood Antique Mirror
A profusely carved and very finely detailed mirror executed faithfully in the Louis XV taste, the gorgeous handwork was finished ...
more A profusely carved and very finely detailed mirror executed faithfully in the Louis XV taste, the gorgeous handwork was finished with a red bole and then gilded. Probably crafted during the first quarter of the 20th century, the surface has developed a beautiful patina where the ruby hues come through the gilding in areas of wear, lending a gorgeous complexity to the surface that is most attractive. A heavy bevelled mirror is set in the frame and the reverse is sealed in a yellow wash. It is an intense strikepoint piece of unrelenting curvature with pierced flourishes of acanthus, opposing C-scrolls and chaotic foliage; a most refined acquisition for the classical hallway.
Condition Report: Old repaired cracks to the cartouche. Rubbing and wear to gilt throughout. Bevelled glass with light scuffs/scratches. Minor chips/losses, overall remaining in excellent condition. less
- 39.5ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 65.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $449
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is situated deep in the Cumberland Valley among the rolling hills and farms ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.