Charles Levier "Figure with Flowers" Painting
Charles Levier Oil on board circa 1950's - 60's image size: 27 x 11 inches framed size: 31.5 x 16 ... more Charles Levier Oil on board circa 1950's - 60's image size: 27 x 11 inches framed size: 31.5 x 16 Provenance: Martin Lowitz Gallery Beverly Hills, Ca BIOGRAPHY: CHARLES LEVIER: (French, 1920-2003) Born Maurice Verrier, the artist continued to go by both his given name and Charles Levier throughout his life and would sign paintings interchangeably with both names. Under either name, Levier is one of the most famous and historically significant artists of the twentieth century. Born in 1920 in Corsica from a French father and an American mother, Levier was interested and skilled in art from an early age. He grew up with a love of painting and began his formal art education at the age of 17 at L’Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Décoratifs in Paris studying with Andrew Lhote and Georges Rouault. He opened his first exhibit in Lyons in 1949 and his first American Exhibition in Los Angeles in 1950. His art was heavily influenced by Cubism and attributes the work of Pablo Picasso as his major artistic influence. After that time, Levier’s art became extremely popular in America as well as Europe and he would split his time between California and his home in France. He quickly became a favorite artist among celebrities counting Frank Sinatra and Jackie Kennedy as collectors. Charles Levier’s unique artistic style is credited for helping propel the artist to widespread popularity. He often painted women, still life work, and landscapes although his figure paintings are his most famous and critically acclaimed. The direct influence of cubism and La Belle Époque on Levier’s art gives it a distinctly French style, although the subject matter appealed to both French and American audiences. Today, Charles Levier’s work can be seen in museums around the world including the Museum of Modern Art in Paris. Levier’s career lasted more than 40 years and he produced a tremendous body of paintings during that time. The artist passed away in 2003, but his art continues to outlive him and maintains great popularity in Europe and America today. Levier's widow continues today to be a UES resident in New York. less
- 16.0ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $125
- Free Local Pickup in San Diego, CA
Perry Meyer - Meyer Fine Art, Inc. in San Diego, CA
Perry Meyer, with his 36 years of expertise in art, specializing in 19th – 21st century ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.