Hamilton College Hitchcock Accent Chair
This product is no longer available.
For your consideration, here is a limited edition superb commemorative Hamilton College arm chair in like new condition. Vibrant stencil ...
more For your consideration, here is a limited edition superb commemorative Hamilton College arm chair in like new condition. Vibrant stencil details, rock sturdy, rush seat in mint condition. Marked “Hamilton College, Sol Linowitz ’ 35, Charter Truste, 1969 – 1983.”
This chair belonged once to President Kennedy’s trusted counsel Sol Linowitz, a diplomat and businessman who, among many other professional achievements, was at a younger age the principal developer of the XEROX Corporation, becoming at some point its Chairman.
He was well known as to be the most distinguished living public servant from Hamilton College, following in the tradition of Elihu Root. Later in his career, he was also trusted adviser for US presidents Johnson, Carter, and Clinton.
Although most of his years in Washington DC were as a private lawyer, he was often called upon to take on delicate diplomatic tasks. It was largely at Sol's urging that President Carter came to Hamilton as a Great Names speaker in April 2001, just three years after President Clinton awarded Sol the Presidential Medal of Freedom, this country's highest civilian honor.
This chair is an extremely rare find and is in mint condition. This is a must have piece for Hitchcock enthusiasts, high collector value.
Dear costumer, I have a special love for antique American chairs and have been collecting them during the past eight years. Throughout this time, I have been educating myself in regards to their history, characteristics, diversity, and value. All chairs I have for sale have been carefully selected for you, these are special pieces that were well loved for the families they once belonged to – many of them have spent multiple generations with the same family.
I spend hours driving all over the country to closely pick the items I sell and all of them are carefully inspected by a professional before I ever post them for sale. Whenever possible, I would be willing to drive an item to your door - that is the level of care I give to my chairs, and that is the level of care I would give to you.
My goal as a seller is providing you with the best quality vintage items and a unique experience - your 100% satisfaction is my priority, so please don’t hesitate to contact me for any concerns you may have. I hope you can find on my store this exact piece of history you have been searching for so long to show off in your home. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful bidding. less
- 22.0ʺW × 20.0ʺD × 34.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Bethesda, MD
- $29 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 50 miles of 20816-1728.
David B. in Bethesda, MD
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.