Hamilton College Hitchcock Accent Chair
This product is no longer available.
For your consideration, here is a limited edition superb commemorative Hamilton College arm chair in like new condition. Vibrant stencil ...
more For your consideration, here is a limited edition superb commemorative Hamilton College arm chair in like new condition. Vibrant stencil details, rock sturdy, rush seat in mint condition. Marked “Hamilton College, Sol Linowitz ’ 35, Charter Truste, 1969 – 1983.”
This chair belonged once to President Kennedy’s trusted counsel Sol Linowitz, a diplomat and businessman who, among many other professional achievements, was at a younger age the principal developer of the XEROX Corporation, becoming at some point its Chairman.
He was well known as to be the most distinguished living public servant from Hamilton College, following in the tradition of Elihu Root. Later in his career, he was also trusted adviser for US presidents Johnson, Carter, and Clinton.
Although most of his years in Washington DC were as a private lawyer, he was often called upon to take on delicate diplomatic tasks. It was largely at Sol's urging that President Carter came to Hamilton as a Great Names speaker in April 2001, just three years after President Clinton awarded Sol the Presidential Medal of Freedom, this country's highest civilian honor.
This chair is an extremely rare find and is in mint condition. This is a must have piece for Hitchcock enthusiasts, high collector value.
Dear costumer, I have a special love for antique American chairs and have been collecting them during the past eight years. Throughout this time, I have been educating myself in regards to their history, characteristics, diversity, and value. All chairs I have for sale have been carefully selected for you, these are special pieces that were well loved for the families they once belonged to – many of them have spent multiple generations with the same family.
I spend hours driving all over the country to closely pick the items I sell and all of them are carefully inspected by a professional before I ever post them for sale. Whenever possible, I would be willing to drive an item to your door - that is the level of care I give to my chairs, and that is the level of care I would give to you.
My goal as a seller is providing you with the best quality vintage items and a unique experience - your 100% satisfaction is my priority, so please don’t hesitate to contact me for any concerns you may have. I hope you can find on my store this exact piece of history you have been searching for so long to show off in your home. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful bidding. less
- 22.0ʺW × 20.0ʺD × 34.0ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Bethesda, MD
- $29 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 50 miles of 20816-1728.
David B. in Bethesda, MD
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black Side Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- Gold Side Chairs
- Green Side Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tan Side Chairs
- Traditional Side Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.