Marilyn Salomon "Wings at Dawn" Original Batik Print
This product is no longer available.
Buy original artwork - it's good for you and for the artistic community!
Original Vintage signed 1989 Marilyn Salomon Batik Painting ... moreBuy original artwork - it's good for you and for the artistic community!
Original Vintage signed 1989 Marilyn Salomon Batik Painting of Hummingbirds. Signed and marked 154/385 in pencil. Print area is 10" x 14" and called "Wings of Dawn". This is a signed original and her work is world renowned.
Live auction pricing estimates for this work are between $4000 and $7000.
Her website is batiks by marilyn.
This piece is in great condition matted and framed to an overall size of 20.5" x 24.5".
Very small unknown dark "dots" on matting are under the glass...
Marilyn Salomon is a batik artist whose work is known for its intricate detail. Using the ancient, traditional Indonesian process of drawing with hot wax then dyeing the fabric, she creates her batiks. Each piece contains from ten to twenty-five separate dye baths and sometimes more.
Marilyn has had several museum shows and also served as co-curator. Marilyn was selected for the special Millennium edition of Who's Who in American Women, as well as Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World. Her work is published in Batiks for Artists and Quilters and can be found in private, corporate and government collections worldwide. less
- 20.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 24.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
California Wonder in Ventura, CA
At California Wonder we offer a diverse selection of interesting items. As estate sales specialists ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Botanical Prints
- Japanese Woodblock Prints
- Woodblock Prints
- Landscape Prints
- Black and White Prints
- Framed Prints
- Bird Prints
- Fish Prints
- Sun Prints
- Angel Prints
- Large Prints
- Matte Prints
- Mounted Prints
- Screen Prints
- Large Photo Prints
- Contemporary Original Prints
- Modern Original Prints
- Original Prints in Los Angeles
- Red Original Prints
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.