1880s Antique Hand Made Caucasian Kazak Mohan Rug- 3′10″ × 7′9″
Antique hand made Caucasian Kazak Mohan rug in great condition. This rug has typical Mohan geometric tribal design. Very nice ...
moreAntique hand made Caucasian Kazak Mohan rug in great condition. This rug has typical Mohan geometric tribal design. Very nice soft shades with soft wool, which is very telling about its quality.
This rug has been restored and now in original good condition. Size: 3′10″ × 7′9″ ( 119cm x 237cm ).
Kazak rugs are a type of Armenian rug that were woven in the south of Caucasus, between Tiflis and Erevan. They are not associated with any particular tribe, but with the geographical areas in which they were made. The Kazak rugs were hand-knotted for the very best quality and were generally made by the women of the communities.
Since Armenians are among the first people to have woven Oriental rugs, theirs is a skill that has been passed down since 5th century BC. As such, you can rest assured that Kazak rugs are of the highest possible quality and craftsmanship, considering the Armenians have been practicing their craft for more than 2000 years. The Kazak rugs are known for their large-scale patterns, their contrasting colours, and the presence of numerous medallions.
There are three types of Kazak rugs, each of which were made in a different geographical area. Bordjalou Kazak rugs were made in a district that lies to the south of Tiflis. These rugs were coarsely woven and were simple in design, generally of the colours red, blue, ivory, and brown. The Kazak rugs from an area south of Bordjalou and north of Erevan are large area rugs that have a shorter pile and have more formal designs. The rugs from Erevan and southeast of Erevan are usually made longer and thinner, like runner rugs, and display more simple designs. These rugs generally feature less ivory and more reds and blues.
Traditionally, Kazak rugs and other Armenian rugs were a sign of one’s status. They were placed in the homes of the rich, in palaces, and in churches. They hung on walls, were placed on floors, and were even placed on the throne of the king or at his feet. These special rugs were often woven with strands of silver and gold. Armenians and non-Armenians would commonly dine on the rugs and sometimes these rugs were even demanded as part of the tax owed to the kings, emperors, princes, and other nobility that ruled over the Armenians. The Kazak rugs and other Armenian rugs were considered luxuries indeed. less
- 3′10″ × 7′9″ and 0.25″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
One Royal Art in New York, NY
We offer the most exquisite and unique rugs from around the world. Our rugs originate ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Rugs
- Artisan Rugs
- Aztec Rugs
- Berber Area Rugs
- Berber Rugs
- Black and White Area Rugs
- Black and White Rugs
- Blue Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Braided Rugs
- Bright Floral Rugs
- Chevron Rugs
- Christmas Rugs
- Colorful Rugs
- Cow Hide Rugs
- Denim Rugs
- Diamond Rugs
- Extra Large Rugs
- Faux Hide Rugs
- Flat Weave Rugs
- Flat Woven Rugs
- Floral Rugs
- Frige Rugs
- Geometric Area Rugs
- Geometric Rugs
- Hand Woven Rugs
- Herringbone Rugs
- Indoor Rugs
- Jaipur Rugs
- Jute Rugs
- Karastan Rugs
- Kilim Rugs
- Large Rugs
- Leopard Rugs
- Luxury Rugs
- Mandala Rugs
- Medallion Rugs
- Microfiber Rugs
- Multicolor Rugs
- Non Slip Rugs
- Outdoor Rugs
- Oval Braided Rugs
- Oval Rugs
- Patchwork Rugs
- Plush Rugs
- Primitive Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Rag Rugs
- Rectangular Rugs
- Red Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Round Area Rugs
- Round Floral Rugs
- Round Jute Rugs
- Round Rugs
- Round Shag Rugs
- Shag Rugs
- Shaggy Area Rugs
- Sheepskin Rugs
- Silk Rugs
- Small Rugs
- Soft Area Rugs
- Soft Rugs
- Star Rugs
- Striped Rugs
- Striped Runner Rugs
- Tan Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Tapestry Rugs
- Textile Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Textured Rugs
- Tibetan Rugs
- Tribal Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Wool Runner Rugs
- Wool Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Zebra Print Rugs
- Zebra Rugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.