French Louis XVI Style Chaise Lounge, Circa 1900
This product is no longer available.
A finely carved and refined form, this chaise lounge exhibits all typical frame embellishments of the period, the piece probably ...
moreA finely carved and refined form, this chaise lounge exhibits all typical frame embellishments of the period, the piece probably being crafted at the turn of the century during the Belle Epoqué. The surface is a delightful old gray with hints of dark green and old oxidization under touches of a later dusty teal pigment. The handholds and arm supports are particularly well defined, each with deep and finely carved acanthus motifs against the twisted rope carved molding of the frame. An infinity repeating motif flows along the apron, intermingled with deeply carved square rosette panels over each leg, these characterized by intricate carved and turned rings at the top over stop fluted tapered legs.
This is an unusually fine quality piece that remains in superior condition; the upholstery is in excellent condition and could certainly be enjoyed exactly as is. It is comfortable and a visual delight for anyone that enjoys the classical and timeless style of the Louis XVI period. less
- 71ʺW × 27.56ʺD × 39.31ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Condition Report: Old painted surface of a forest-gray with later teal touch ups and highlights throughout, frame with typical and ... moreCondition Report: Old painted surface of a forest-gray with later teal touch ups and highlights throughout, frame with typical and rather attractive wear and surface abrasions throughout. Wear to feet and edges of frame. Fabric sun faded throughout with minor discolorations. Typical joint separations, very sturdy and strong. less
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Belle Epoque Chaises
- Blue Chaises
- Chesterfield Couches & Sofas
- Circular Couches & Sofas
- Convertible Couches & Sofas
- Curved Couches & Sofas
- Fabric Chaises
- French Chaises
- Gray Chaises
- Leather Couches & Sofas
- Long Couches & Sofas
- Louis XVI Chaises
- Microfiber Couches & Sofas
- Modular Couches & Sofas
- Patio Couches & Sofas
- Pull-Out Couches & Sofas
- Shabby Chic Chaises
- Small Couches & Sofas
- Tan Chaises
- Traditional Chaises
- Tufted Couches & Sofas
- Velvet Couches & Sofas
- Wood Chaises
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.