Antique Persian Mahal Vagireh Rug - 2'1" X 3'10"
Hand made collectible mahal Vagireh rug in original condition. The rug was made in red colour with some accents in ...
more Hand made collectible mahal Vagireh rug in original condition. The rug was made in red colour with some accents in blue and beige shades. it has floral design. The size is quite unusual for this type of rugs. The condition is original, it has some age wear.
Antique Mahal Rugs and Carpets - It has occurred to me that we never addressed the issue of Mahal Rugs vs. Sultanabad Rugs. There is a growing misconception that Sultanabad Rugs & Mahal Rugs were both woven in the same place - Arak. But in reality, Sultanabad rugs were woven in Arak while Mahal carpets were woven in the city of Mahallat which is also known as Maḩallāt-e Bālā or Mahallāt Bāla, which, according to the 2006 census, has a population of 35,319, & 10,285 families.
While Mahallat is located 146 killomiters to the west of Arak, both cities produced very similar rugs in look and texture. This is why, in today's antique oriental rug world, the terms are almost interchangeable. Both weaving centers are famous for producing rugs that have larger scale patters and are casual in feel than those that were woven in other major cities and weaving centers. There are some differences in look and feel, it is mostly the weave and texture that set them apart.
Rugs from Mahal tend to have a courser weave, the wool is not as lustrous and the design is not as refined as those that were produced in Arak ( Sultanabad ). Price is also a factor, since the carpets from Sultanabad are considered better quality and are feature designs that are more interesting they were always more expensive than their Mahal counterparts. Both rug productions incorporate patterns that are not exactly floral or geometric, a unique feature which makes them extremely versatile and can be incorporated in almost any setting or decor.
-condition: original, age wear,
-size: 2,1' x 3,10' ( 64cm x 121cm ),
-country of origin: Iran,
-style: Mahal Vagireh,
-background colors: red, blue, beige. less
- 2′1″ × 3′10″ and 0.25″ thick
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
One Royal Art in New York, NY
We offer the most exquisite and unique rugs from around the world. Our rugs originate ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.