American Classical Mahogany Library Table
A simply gorgeous table with untouched structure and originality other than an early surface refinishing, this fine American Classical breakfast ...
more A simply gorgeous table with untouched structure and originality other than an early surface refinishing, this fine American Classical breakfast table is a statement of lasting quality and richness of surface. The vibrant mahogany grains of the top have grown only more lovely with time, having softened and developed a wonderful patination to all portions, this preserved under numerous applications of wax and enhanced with rubbing and polishing over time. The table is generally placed as an accent point between two windows or a similarly striking position, allowing it to be moved from the wall as a working table - the leaves on both sides of the table rise over original cast iron hinges and are firmly supported over twin wings that pull out on knuckled hinges from the frame. A single drawer smoothly moves in and out of one side, the other with a faux drawer front; the single drawer is finely hand dovetailed, the bottom board feathered along three edges and set in grooves in the frame with three tacks along the back edge. Both sides retain their original turned mahogany knobs. The leg structure is supported by two generous turned stretchers terminating in beautiful applied circular rosettes over the sabre legs with bold raised reeding. Lion's paw cast brass sabots rest over the original castors and still allow the table to be rolled with some smoothness.
An excellent table in very fine condition, this is a piece that will certainly be a cherished part of any Classical interior. Light scuffs and scratches to the top with some old surface burns. Early refinish and remnants of very early finish on underside of stretchers. Minor repairs to cockbead molding around drawer. All hardware, knobs and structure is original. less
- 45.75ʺW × 42.13ʺD × 28.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- American Classical
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.