American Classical Mahogany Library Table
A simply gorgeous table with untouched structure and originality other than an early surface refinishing, this fine American Classical breakfast ...
more A simply gorgeous table with untouched structure and originality other than an early surface refinishing, this fine American Classical breakfast table is a statement of lasting quality and richness of surface. The vibrant mahogany grains of the top have grown only more lovely with time, having softened and developed a wonderful patination to all portions, this preserved under numerous applications of wax and enhanced with rubbing and polishing over time. The table is generally placed as an accent point between two windows or a similarly striking position, allowing it to be moved from the wall as a working table - the leaves on both sides of the table rise over original cast iron hinges and are firmly supported over twin wings that pull out on knuckled hinges from the frame. A single drawer smoothly moves in and out of one side, the other with a faux drawer front; the single drawer is finely hand dovetailed, the bottom board feathered along three edges and set in grooves in the frame with three tacks along the back edge. Both sides retain their original turned mahogany knobs. The leg structure is supported by two generous turned stretchers terminating in beautiful applied circular rosettes over the sabre legs with bold raised reeding. Lion's paw cast brass sabots rest over the original castors and still allow the table to be rolled with some smoothness.
An excellent table in very fine condition, this is a piece that will certainly be a cherished part of any Classical interior. Light scuffs and scratches to the top with some old surface burns. Early refinish and remnants of very early finish on underside of stretchers. Minor repairs to cockbead molding around drawer. All hardware, knobs and structure is original. less
- 45.75ʺW × 42.13ʺD × 28.25ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- American Classical
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $299
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.