1920s Hand Made Antique Art Deco Chinese Rug - 5′ × 7′10″
Oval Art Deco Chinese rug in original condition. Beautiful green color of the field combines together with cream beige border ...
more Oval Art Deco Chinese rug in original condition. Beautiful green color of the field combines together with cream beige border. The rug is in floral design, border is covered with red roses all over it. Central area is all over with light beige brenches covering it from inside.
Art Deco Rugs - The Deco period was an international design movement from 1920's to 1940's. It produced a mix of many different styles borrowing design influences from neoclassical, constructivism, cubism, modernism and art nouveau. The Art Deco movement led to the evolution of the carpet revolution. Antique carpets made before the 1920's, especially the more refined oriental carpets, did not compliment the modern decor and Art Deco furnishings. A new style was taking shape that reflected this movement. Carpet design evolved from floral to angular elegance with modern, abstract and figurative motifs. The color palate is both bold and muted with interesting juxtapositions of light and dark. The design is frequently spare, geometric, and architectural with a luxurious feel. Such characteristics come together to create the aesthetics of a large swath of vintage rugs. Such legendary artists as Picasso, Poiret, Gray, Delaunay, Klee, Paul and Dorn shaped this evolution. Paule Leleu the daughter of Jules Leleu of the famed House of Leleu was a talented creator whose vision also contributed to these highly collectible rugs.
In the rug trade, term Art Deco or Deco (for short) applies to European and certain Chinese carpets that reflect the new movements in modern European decorative arts during the first third of the twentieth century.
Art Deco Rugs are characterized by experimentation with bold colors, angular lines, and the omission of heavy ornamentation. Over the past few years, the demand for art deco rugs and art deco carpets has grown tremendously. Partly fueled by the revival of mid-century modernist interior design trends, Art deco rugs come from various regions in Europe but some of the most coveted pieces are the art deco carpets or rugs that were made in France, China and Scandinavia (which are really mid-century modern but when it comes to interior design the term art deco does fit in well). Since a rug need to be 80 years old or older to be called antique, in only a few more years, the art deco vintage rug could be be referred to as Antique Art Deco rugs.
-condition: original good,
-size: 5' x 7.10' ( 152cm x 242cm ),
-country of origin: China,
-style: Art Deco,
-background colors: green, beige, red. less
- 5′ × 7′10″ and 0.25″ thick
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
One Royal Art in New York, NY
We offer the most exquisite and unique rugs from around the world. Our rugs originate ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.