1880s Antique Persian Silk Tabriz Rug - 4' X 6'
This is an antique hand made silk Persian Tabriz rug in beige shades. It features very detailed ornaments in burgundy ...
more This is an antique hand made silk Persian Tabriz rug in beige shades. It features very detailed ornaments in burgundy and azure colors. The rug was damaged by age, but is still an extraordinary masterpiece. The rug is also a bit oxidized and that's why it has some shiny lines when it is laying at a specific angle to the light. It was made from 100% high quality silk.
Different types of carpets were made here, including pile and flat-weave, with simple and complex compositions. The carpet making art was passed on from generation to generation and was considered the most valued heirloom. The traditional themes for Tabriz carpets are the ornamental patterns, with the following dominant background colors: cream, red, or navy blue.
The most typical for this school are rugs and carpets grouped under the common name “Lachak turanj”. In the middle of the center field and in the corners of the carpet (“lachak”)(Persian: لچک triangle) there are “turanj”(Persian: ترنج Citron). The turanj in the center of the carpet is a symbol of the Moon, and the pattern formed by lozenges with the toothed leaves on the edges symbolizes the scales of the fish, which rise to the surface of the water at midnight to admire the Moon reflection. The origin of this composition dates back to the 9th-10th centuries.
Often the topics for the Tabriz carpets are drawn from the works of the great Oriental poets. The carpets often depict the scenes of falconry or images of a ferocious lion. Well known also are Tabriz carpet-pictures with images of fragments of palaces and mosques and scenes of battles. Often, ornamental pattern carpet weavers were inspired by the hand-painted covers of ancient books. less
- 4′ × 6′ and 0.25″ thick
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
One Royal Art in New York, NY
We offer the most exquisite and unique rugs from around the world. Our rugs originate ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.