- Casegoods & Storage
- Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- 1830s Antique William IV Colonial Side Cabinet
1830s Antique William IV Colonial Side Cabinet
This is an antique colonial side cabinet. An Anglo-Indian, rosewood drinks or hall cupboard, dating to the William IV period, …
moreThis is an antique colonial side cabinet. An Anglo-Indian, rosewood drinks or hall cupboard, dating to the William IV period, circa 1830.
Of striking appearance, with deep colour and shimmering brass inlays
Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order throughout
Select stocks present fine grain interest and deep russet hues
Enthusiastic brass marquetry adorns the front fascia with contrasting golden tones
Usefully narrow in profile, ideal for use in the reception hall or to the side of a room
Excellent gadrooned edge moulding decorates the wide top surface
Arranged as a pair of heavily inlaid doors presenting deep field panels with domed tops
Dressed with an inset, brass lined lock escutcheon — in working order, keys present
Skilfully accentuated with a chased foliate inlay, representing an enviable bespoke appearance
Left-hand door with sliding brass clasps set within the trailing edge
Single shelf to the interior, sliding outwards for ease of access or removal
Prominent plinth apron with a gadrooned border over an egg and dart carving
Distinctively raised upon superb carved tulip feet to each corner
This is a dashing antique colonial side cabinet, with excellent finish and quality craftsmanship. Versatile and attractive, this William IV period cabinet would be a treat for any room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 85.5cm (33.75'')
Max Depth: 28.5cm (11.25'')
Max Height: 86.5cm (34'')
Upper Shelf Width: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Upper Shelf Depth: 19cm (7.5'')
Upper Shelf Height: 29cm (11.5'')
Lower Shelf Width: 75cm (29.5'')
Lower Shelf Depth: 21cm (8.25'')
Lower Shelf Height: 30.5cm (12'') less
- 33.75ʺW × 11.25ʺD × 34ʺH
- Country of Origin
- United Kingdom
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Presented in very good antique condition. Presented in very good antique condition. less
Transiting customs may cause delays outside the control of the Seller or Chairish. Once the order is in transit, the order cannot be canceled.
Ask the Seller
Returns & Cancellations
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Extended Return Eligible
- Allows 14 days after delivery to notify Chairish of intent to return
- No return shipping or restocking fees applied
- Does not apply to damages that occur post-delivery
- Pantry Storage Cabinets
- Narrow Storage Cabinets
- Small Storage Cabinets
- Tall Storage Cabinets with Doors
- Metal Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Media Storage Cabinets
- Large Storage Cabinets
- 2 Door Storage Cabinets
- Rolling Storage Cabinets
- New and Custom Asian Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Industrial Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Lacquer Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Metal Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Rustic Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New and Custom Storage Cabinets and Cupboards in Los Angeles
- New and Custom Walnut Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
- Some made-to-order items and a limited selection of other items (noted as non-refundable in the returns and cancellations section of the product description)
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Upon inspection, If you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- International, cross-border returns may require different processes depending on the countries between which the item is shipping to/from, and the buyer is responsible and duties (if applicable, on cross-border orders).
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Chairish Freight Delivery
- Delivered in a crate, to your front door.
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate.
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to be delivered.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- Parcel Delivery
- Parcel deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- Parcel deliveries can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- Pamono Express In-Home Delivery
- Pamono Express In-Home deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- Pamono Express In-Home deliveries can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Pamono Freight Delivery
- Pamono Freight deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Pamono Freight deliveries can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- Pamono In-Home Delivery
- Pamono In-Home deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- Pamono In-Home deliveries take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location