1893 French Wall Clock Triple Function Barometer and Thermometer by Japy Frères & Cie
Rare, triple function pendulum clock: clock, barometer and thermometer in carved wood with pendulum. The dial is made of wood, …
moreRare, triple function pendulum clock: clock, barometer and thermometer in carved wood with pendulum. The dial is made of wood, with enamel numerals, the movement with striking mechanism every half hour
This delightfully carved clock will be the centerpiece of your living room
Date of production: around 1893, very old!
Where Made: made In France
Who made: Japy Frères & Cie
The movement on thick bronze plates with the stamp of the Japy Frères & Cie
The clock strikes once on each half-hour and strikes the number of each hour
Wooden dial with enamel numerals Ø21 cm/ 8.3 in
Clock hands: brass
Case: walnut wood. The door of the case is decorated with carved columns. Decoration on the bottom and top of the clock case
Traces of age and use
Discoloration of the liquid in the thermometer
This clock has been cleaned and oiled and is in working order
Dimensions (cm): 90х37x13
Dial diameter (cm): 21 / 8.3 in
Dimensions (inch): 35.4x14.5x5.1
Shipping Weight (kg): 10
Chairish sells electronic items only with the display as the intended use. The electronic elements are not guaranteed to be in working order by Chairish.
Important: The age of the piece is determined approximately. Any and all statements by me as to the authenticity, attribution, description, date, age, provenance, title, or condition of the work constitute my judgment and opinion only
Attention! For the purpose of safe transportation, the goods are delivered partially disassembled. You will need to assemble it by yourself (screws included).
NOTE: Although the clock is internally complete and the movement has been serviced, I cannot guarantee that an antique clock will perform flawlessly upon delivery to you. less
- 14.5ʺW × 5.1ʺD × 35.4ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Traces of age and use Discoloration of the liquid in the thermometer Traces of age and use Discoloration of the liquid in the thermometer less
- Enter a postal code for more accurate shipping information.
Transiting customs may cause delays outside the control of the Seller or Chairish. Once the order is in transit, the order cannot be canceled.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Grandfather Clocks
- Wind Up Clocks
- Wall Clocks
- Mantel Clocks
- Brass Clocks
- Alarm Clocks
- Pendulum Clocks
- French Clocks
- Antique Grandfather Clocks
- Wood Clocks
- Large Wall Clocks
- New and Custom Clocks
- New and Custom Industrial Clocks
- New and Custom Ash Clocks
- New and Custom Ceramic Clocks
- New and Custom Clocks in Atlanta
- New and Custom Fiberglass Clocks
- New and Custom Gold Clocks
- New and Custom Italian Clocks
- New and Custom Marble Clocks
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Clocks
- New and Custom Murano Glass Clocks
- New and Custom Wood Clocks
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
- Some made-to-order items and a limited selection of other items (noted as non-refundable in the returns and cancellations section of the product description)
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Upon inspection, If you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- International, cross-border returns may require different processes depending on the countries between which the item is shipping to/from, and the buyer is responsible and duties (if applicable, on cross-border orders).
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location