Andy Warhol Vintage 1986 Lmtd Edtn Pop Art Large Fine Art Lithograph Print " Alexander the Great " 1982
This Andy Warhol rare vintage 1986 limited edition Pop Art large fine art lithograph print " Alexander the Great " …
moreThis Andy Warhol rare vintage 1986 limited edition Pop Art large fine art lithograph print " Alexander the Great " 1982, is an incredibly special and unique piece to add to your collection.
The fine art lithograph print is published by The Carnegie Museum of Art ( CMOA ) in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, the city of Warhol's birthplace. Printed in a series of limited edition color lithograph prints by the museum in 1986. The print is signed in the plate, hand numbered 137/2400 from the edition of 2400, CMOA stamp on the reverse back side. It features an artwork image originally created by Warhol in 1982 titled " Alexander the Great ".
Andy Warhol ( 1928 - 1987 ) is one of the singularly most well known Contemporary artists of all time. His imagery is recognized worldwide. His infamous life, artworks, and creative endeavors are like no other artist. He is credited as the very first artist to use common everyday objects and view them in a completely different way while paying homage to their role in our society. Glorifying the common as the beautiful. His technique utilizing a silkscreen method combined with hand finishing in a signature palette of vibrant color hues make the work stand on its own and loved by millions.
In 1982, the art dealer Alexander Iolas who is credited with discovering Andy Warhol and giving him his first exhibit, commissioned Warhol to create a series of artworks for " The Search for Alexander " exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. Warhol created works of the Greek Emperor Alexander the Great. Depicting the victorious leader in profile with his harsh brow and flowing locks gazing into the distance, propelling a historical icon into the Contemporary sphere.
By the 1980's Warhol had begun to apply the same graphic language he used to create iconic celebrity portraits to the motifs of art history. For him, this was a revolutionary step toward tradition. While departing from 20th Century Pop Culture and turning his hand to the past, he continued to explore the central; theme of the cult of celebrity. This is evident in the artwork Alexander the Great, where even centuries after the emperor's death, his image stands as an ultimate symbol of Greek might and elegance - and one of Warhol's greatest explorations into the power of the portrait.
The rare out of print large lithograph print measures 23 5/8" W X 23 5/8" H. It is printed on high quality heavyweight premium paper stock with vibrant ink colors in a matte finish.
It is in excellent " like new " very clean condition with very light signs of handling. It has never been framed. Please see photos for condition reference. It is now being offered here for an excellent price.
* This print will be packed and shipped flat. less
- 23.68ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 23.68ʺH
- Frame Type
- Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs