Sterling Silver Soup Tureen by Paul Storr, 1804
This is a wonderful english antique george iii sterling silver soup tureen by the world famous and celebrated silversmith paul … moreThis is a wonderful english antique george iii sterling silver soup tureen by the world famous and celebrated silversmith paul storr. It has hallmarks for london 1804, the maker's mark of paul storr on each part and it bears a stunning coat of arms over a coronet which i have had researched: the crests of parkyns, baron rancliffe the crests as engraved upon this george iii english sterling silver tureen by paul storr hallmarked london 1804 are those borne by parkyns, baron rancliffe. They may be blazoned as follows: crests: (dexter) out of a ducal coronet or a demi-eagle displayed azure billety of the first each billet charged with an ermine spot sable (for parkyns) (sinister) out of a ducal coronet or a demi-swan rousant proper collared and lined (……?) holding the beak (……?) (for possibly isham) the crests are ensigned with a baron’s coronet. Given the date of hallmarking of this tureen it was undoubtedly in the possession of george augustus henry anne parkyns (born 10th june 1785 died 1st november 1850), the 2nd baron rancliffe and 4th baronet of bunny in the county of nottinghamshire. George was the only son of thomas boothby parkyns, 1st baron rancliffe and his wife, elizabeth anne james. George married lady elizabeth mary theresa forbes (born 1786 died 1852), the eldest daughter of george forbes, 6th earl of granard and his wife, lady selina frances rawdon, the youngest daughter of john rawdon, the 1st earl of moira in october 1807. George served as an officer in both the 10th light dragoons and the 15th light dragoons and achieved the rank of lieutenant. He was placed on half pay in that rank until it was stopped in 1834. George also served as an equerry to his godfather the prince of wales. As his family’s peerage was one in the peerage of ireland it allowed him to sit in the british house of commons as a member of parliament within a period of twenty-four years of the following seats: minehead (1806 – 07) and nottingham (1812 – 29 and 1826 – 30). Upon george’s death in 1850, the irish barony of rancliffe fell into extinction for the want of a male heir. The family baronetcy of bunny however was inherited by his first cousin, thomas george augustus parkyns, a grandson of the 3rd baronet. The tureen of striking circular form with a decorative reeded rim and elegant reeded scroll handles with lion masques. The dome cover has a stunning ornate heart pendant foliate handle and is engraved with the crest. It is raised on a circular plinth base with beautiful reeded decoration. Please see picture of george augustus henry anne parkyns and photo of his home, bunny hall, which was built circa 1725. Condition: in excellent condition with clear hallmarks and no dings, dents or signs of repair. Please see photos for confirmation. Dimensions in cm: height 30 x width 37 x depth 28 weight 3.95 kg dimensions in inches: height 1 foot x width 1 foot, 3 inches x depth 11 inches weight 127 troy oz paul storr - born in london england in 1771, was to become one of the most talented silversmiths of the nineteenth century. Today his legacy of exceptionally well crafted silver, found worldwide in museums and private collections, leaves one in awe when compared to that of his contemporaries.after having served a seven year apprenticeship from the age of 14, he began his career in 1792 when he went into a brief partnership with william frisbee. This did not last and in 1793 a new mark, (his initials ‘p s’) was entered. By the beginning of the nineteenth century he had established himself as one of london’s top silversmiths producing, amongst others, commissions for royalty. In 1801 he married elizabeth susanna beyer with whom he was to have ten children. In 1807 paul storr entered into a working relationship with philip rundell and by 1811 was a partner, and managing the workshops for rundell, bridge & rundell. During this period he kept his own marks and separate workshop. However it was through rundell, bridge & rundell who were appointed goldsmith in ordinary to george iii in 1804 that his reputation as a master silversmith grew. His talents lay in being able to transform ideas and designs from rundell, bridge & rundell’s designers, william theed ii, the chief modeller and head of the design department, and later john flaxman ii who succeeded him in 1817. During this period rundell, bridge & rundell’s reputation grew due to the patronage of the prince regent (later george iv). less
- 14.57ʺW × 11.02ʺD × 11.81ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good — This vintage item remains fully functional, but it shows sign of age through scuffs, dings, faded finishes, minimal … moreGood — This vintage item remains fully functional, but it shows sign of age through scuffs, dings, faded finishes, minimal upholstery defects, or visible repairs. less
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location