Houndstooth Fabric Halabala Armchair
This product is no longer available.
1940's Halabala Armchair Another fabulous armchair from the Rare Chair Company. This is a limited edition armchair by famous chair … more1940's Halabala Armchair Another fabulous armchair from the Rare Chair Company. This is a limited edition armchair by famous chair maker Halabala. Halabala is best known for his design contributions at the United Arts & Crafts Factory, or United UP: one of the most influential furniture companies in Czechoslovak history. As head of the architectural studio in 1930, and then later as plant director until 1946, Halabala created furniture that filled the interiors of Czech and European households at the time. In the decade after the fall of communism, many people chucked Halabala originals out of their homes in favour of foreign-made imports, which had previously been unavailable behind the Iron Curtain but today, with a new collective mania for mid-century modern decor, his designs are once again en vogue — and in high demand on the vintage market. We have fully restored this beautiful chair and added a bespoke hand picked fabric. The chair has a solid beech and elm frame which is glued and screwed. We have replaced the seat pad and backrest springs together with internal padding, webbing and 100% cotton calico. We have cleaned and polished the beech bentwood armrests and applied a generous coating of beeswax. Finally we have hand picked a stunning vintage inspired hounds tooth soft fabric. Well proportioned chair measuring: 66 cm wide 72 cm deep 41 cm seat height 73 cm high Seat depth 47 cm Seat width 56 cm Each chair is on a limited edition run of only one. less
- 28.35ʺW × 25.98ʺD × 28.74ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Patina Consistent with Age and Use,Reupholstered Patina Consistent with Age and Use,Reupholstered less
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Wood Side Chairs
- New and Custom Art Deco Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bamboo Side Chairs
- New and Custom Children's Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mahogany Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bauhaus Side Chairs
- New and Custom French Side Chairs
- New and Custom Leather Side Chairs
- New and Custom Maple Side Chairs
- New and Custom Metal Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- New and Custom Pink Side Chairs
- New and Custom Rattan Side Chairs
- New and Custom Side Chairs
- New and Custom Velvet Side Chairs
- New and Custom Wood Side Chairs
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs