Peter Hvidt & Orla Mølgaard-Nielsen Leather "AX" Chairs - A Pair
This product is no longer available.
The iconic "AX" Chair was designed in 1950 by the Danish duo Peter Hvidt & Orla Mølgaard-Nielsen and exhibited at ...
moreThe iconic "AX" Chair was designed in 1950 by the Danish duo Peter Hvidt & Orla Mølgaard-Nielsen and exhibited at MoMA's Good Design show in 1951. It features a gorgeous frame of laminated bent beech wood wrapped around a solid mahogany core. These chairs were produced by Fritz Hansen in Denmark and built using Hansen's process for laminate gluing, which was in turn borrowed from a technique used to make tennis rackets.
These particular chairs began their lives at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with vinyl seats and backs. They have been reupholstered in supple top grain leather. The wood frames have been thoroughly cleaned but have not been refinished, so they do show wear appropriate for their age and use: numerous areas of finish loss, small chips/cracks, significant wear, one leg has a strip of missing wood on the back/inside. Price reflects this.
23.5" w x 27" d x 30" h
Seat height 15.5" less
- 23.5ʺW × 27ʺD × 30ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
VINTAGE MODERN MAINE in Cumberland Foreside, ME
Vintage Modern Maine presents a curated collection of Mid Century Modern and Danish modern furniture ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Brown Side Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Danish Modern Side Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Peter Hvidt and Orla Mølgaard-Nielsen Side Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tan Side Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.