Sea Green Ceramic Sculpture by Martin Bleyer
This is an awesome sea-green ceramic sculpture made by ceramicist Martin Bleyer circa 1998. Martin teaches pottery on Madison campus ...
moreThis is an awesome sea-green ceramic sculpture made by ceramicist Martin Bleyer circa 1998. Martin teaches pottery on Madison campus of the University of Wisconsin and his work is mostly one-of-a-kind and even though he may have created several in a particular form, each was designed and glazed differently, so each piece is quite unique. This particular piece is one of maybe four in this form which was constructed from five pieces of earthenware clay. There are two wheel thrown bowls (the outer part and a small bowl in the top), a slab that was textured which comprises the top where the small bowl is inset, a slab that was differently textured and rolled into a rope-like form that comprises the base, and finally a differently textured piece which is the snail or crustacean – like decorative element attached to the top’s edge. The glazes are all Martin’s own formulations with none being commercially produced. The small bowl was intended to allow the art lover to display something of interest if they chose to do so. When Martin exhibited the sculptures he often put some water and a flower or beautiful stones in it as accent and examples. This is one of the most interesting organic shaped and beautiful pieces of ceramic work I believe I’ve seen. It should be yours.
Gorgeous one-of-a-kind ceramic sculpture by Martin Bleyer circa 1998. This piece is in wonderful vintage condition with no chips, cracks or chiggers.
• Height – 11 inches
• Width – 11 inches
• Depth – 10 inches
• Weight – 10 pounds less
- 11ʺW × 10ʺD × 11ʺH
- Condition Notes
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Chris G. in topeka, KS
13,000 square feet of high-style vintage furnishings, home décor, art & more! Warehouse 414 is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Angel Sculptures
- Aphrodite Sculptures
- Bas Relief Sculptures
- Bear Sculptures
- Buddha Sculptures
- Bust Sculptures
- Cat Sculptures
- Classical Sculptures
- Cubist Sculptures
- Dragon Sculptures
- Eagle Sculptures
- Egyptian Sculptures
- Elephant Sculptures
- Geometric Sculptures
- Greek Sculptures
- Green Sculpture
- Hand Sculptures
- Heart Sculptures
- Horse Sculptures
- Indian Sculptures
- Lion Sculptures
- Lotus Sculptures
- Metal Wall Sculptures
- Mobile Sculptures
- Modern Sculpture
- Nude Sculptures
- Owl Sculptures
- Relief Sculptures
- Roman Sculptures
- Sound Sculptures
- Surrealist Sculptures
- Tree Sculptures
- Venus Sculptures
- Wire Sculptures
- Wolf Sculptures
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.