- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- Mid-Century Gerald Pat Hannah Canadian Carved Woo…
Mid-Century Gerald Pat Hannah Canadian Carved Wood Figure Happy Day
This product is no longer available.
Mid-Century carved wood folk art figure by Gerald Pat Hannah titled “Happy Day,” featuring a man with patched trousers, striped … moreMid-Century carved wood folk art figure by Gerald Pat Hannah titled “Happy Day,” featuring a man with patched trousers, striped scarf and spotted cap, standing with his hands in his pockets, once smoking a cigar. “One of the original three Hannah brothers (Charles, Pat and Tom) who became wood carvers in the 1930’s in Quebec. “Pat” Gerald Hannah and his brother Charles learned wood carving from Carl-Johan Trygg (the founder of the Trygg family of artists in Canada.) who had a carving school near Saint-Sauveur, Quebec. He was called Pat because he was born on Saint-Patrick’s day; though living in the predominantly Irish Burrough of Verdun may have had some influence. The Trygg influence is apparent in many works done by him and the other family members who learned their techniques from Pat and Charlie Hannah. After a brief stay in Florida, Pat Hannah re-located in North Poultney, Vermont in 1948. He carved character figures in a full range; from Mounted Police to sailors, famous people and just ‘folks’ in various sizes typically about 6 inches high. All in bright paint and in Pine wood or Basswood. Unlike the Trygg carvers, who applied their bases, Most of the the Hannah sculptors carved the base into their works. In the carvings by ‘Pat’ Hannah, illustrated below, the bases are applied, as the Tryggs were. He signed P. Hannah or Pat Hannah, usually on the bottom of the base with a pencil or later, with a chisel. In the late 50’s he started signing his carvings “By Hannah.” His son, Duncan Hannah, of Vermont, was also a carver of figural characters (see his post). He had another son, Pete Hannah, who may have carved. Carvings stamped “Hand Carved by P. R. Hannah, Quebec” are seen occasionally.” less
- 3.75ʺW × 3ʺD × 11.5ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good Overall - Chip to hat; missing cigar; some light scuffs. Good Overall - Chip to hat; missing cigar; some light scuffs. less
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Cat Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Elephant Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- New and Custom Brass Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Black Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Ceramic Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Chinese Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Models and Figurines
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs