Danish Chair by Erik Buck for Oddense Maskinsnedkeri / o.d. Møbler, 1960s
This beautiful chair made in teak and black synthetic leather (skai) was designed by Danish industrial designer Erik Buck (1923) …
moreThis beautiful chair made in teak and black synthetic leather (skai) was designed by Danish industrial designer Erik Buck (1923) and is a Danish Design classic with its simple organic, smooth lines and distinctive mid-century modern design.
In 1957 the chair was produced for the first time by Povl Dinesen but shortly after the presentation in Copenhagen the production was handed over to Oddense Maskinsnedkeri who named it OD50.
The chair is marked "Made in Denmark - Oddense Maskinsnedkeri A/S" and also has the Domus Danica and Danish Furniture Makers Control marks.
Domus Danica was established in 1962 by Ken Muff Lassen and was a sales gathering of seven Danish furniture manufacturers. In 1968 Ken Muff Lassen sold his shares of Domus Danica to start up IKEA in Denmark.
The Danish Furniture Makers Control mark was a guarantee of craftsmanship of high standard. The mark was introduced in 1959 by some of the better manufacturers in collaboration with the Danish Technological Institute. At the end of the 1960s close to 120 Danish furniture makers were part of the brand. It was not an easy task to become part of the Danish Furniture Makers Control mark as experts from the Technological Institute would monitor each factory for up to six month and furniture would be randomly selected for testing.
This chair is still in very nice vintage condition with only minor traces of wear. less
- 19.29ʺW × 16.93ʺD × 31.1ʺH
- Erik Buch
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Patina Consistent with Age and Use,Reupholstered Patina Consistent with Age and Use,Reupholstered less
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Wood Side Chairs
- New and Custom Art Deco Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bamboo Side Chairs
- New and Custom Children's Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mahogany Side Chairs
- New and Custom Bauhaus Side Chairs
- New and Custom French Side Chairs
- New and Custom Leather Side Chairs
- New and Custom Maple Side Chairs
- New and Custom Metal Side Chairs
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Side Chairs
- New and Custom Pink Side Chairs
- New and Custom Rattan Side Chairs
- New and Custom Side Chairs
- New and Custom Velvet Side Chairs
- New and Custom Wood Side Chairs
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs