1900's Adventure Novels by G.A. Henty - Pair
This product is no longer available.
These two vintage adventure books are wonderful. The illustrations in Cochrane the Dauntless are very well done (no illustrations in ...
more These two vintage adventure books are wonderful. The illustrations in Cochrane the Dauntless are very well done (no illustrations in The Lost Heir) . These would make wonderful reference and decor items for book lovers.
"The Lost Heir" measures 7 1/4" x 5" x 1 1/4" (381 pages) by G.A. Henty printed in 190?
"Cochrane the Dauntless" measures 7 1/2" x 5 1/4" x 1 1/4" (388 pages) by G.A. Henty printed in 1902
These are in good vintage condition. There is light wear to the edges and covers of the books. The paper in "The Lost Heir" is browning and a bit brittle on the front and back sheets
Both of these books have fabric covers
The Lost Heir - By: G. A. Henty
A child, the heir to the fortune of a wealthy Indian Army officer, disappears. The general has died leaving a will in favor of the child, but, in the case of the child's death, of the rogue, Sanderson who poses as John Simcoe. At length, after many intrigues and adventures, Sanderson is exposed as the murderer of the General and forger of his Will, and the child is found.
Cochrane the Dauntless - By G. A. Henty
The hero of this story, an orphaned lad, accompanies Cochrane as midshipman, and serves in the war between Chili and Peru. He has many exciting adventures in battles by sea and land, is taken prisoner and condemned to death by the Inquisition, but escapes by a long and thrilling flight across South America and down the Amazon, piloted by two faithful Indians. His pluck and coolness prove him a fit companion to Cochrane the Dauntless, and his final success is well deserved. less
- 5.0ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 7.25ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $7
- Free Local Pickup in Ojai, CA
Just Smashing Darling in Ojai, CA
I am hopelessly addicted to vintage. I love the hunt and then finding just the ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.