Alexandre Kostanda French Art Pottery Bowl
Offered is a rare example of hand painted French pottery by artist Alexandre Kostanda featuring a floral motif. Signed by ...
more Offered is a rare example of hand painted French pottery by artist Alexandre Kostanda featuring a floral motif. Signed by the artist, circa 1950s - 60s.
"Kostanda (Dec 1921 - Nov 2007) was born in Poland of Russian parents. The family emigrated to Lorraine in France, where his mother Irene worked as a decorator in a porcelain factory. They then moved to Vallauris, where his mother worked at Louis Giraud's workshop. Alexandre joined the company as an apprentice from 1936-38. After the war he taught pottery at the Longchamps Pottery Training Section near Dijon and at the School of Decorative Arts in Beaune. He also had his own studio at Cluny and it was here that he trained the four young men who were to form the Accolay Pottery company - Dangon, Rodet, Palais and Boutaud. He returned to Vallauris in 1949 to run the Giraud pottery until he opened his own studio in 1953.
His work often has a rustic appearance and he used clay from Cluny mixed with local Vallauris earth. He had exceptional technical expertise. Kostanda was instrumental in organising the ceramic shows, now known as the Vallauris Biennale. His son Alexis is also a potter." less
- 7.0ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 1.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Arlington Heights, IL
Robynn P. in Arlington Heights, IL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.